1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

DSL-AC68U 3.0.0.4.384_21126 bug ((( FIXED )))

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by Mansour Alhumaidan, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mansour Alhumaidan

Mansour Alhumaidan New Around Here

Hello everyone,

Today I have updated my modem ( DSL-AC68U) after I got an update notification. When the modem finished updating and rebooting I have noticed that the DSL driver is messing and couldn't recognize the DSL signal even though the DSL LED is on. I tried different firmwares and couldn't fix it.

This issue is common after this update as I have found many people complain with the same problem.

This guy has the same problem on another forum Click here
    Also in this forum there are three got the same issue (Use google translator) POST1, POST2, and POST3

Best Regards,
    Mansour.

Attached Files:

• as1.jpg
      as1.jpg
      File size:
      51.3 KB
      Views:
    • as2.jpg
      as2.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    • as3.jpg
      as3.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
    • as4.jpg
      as4.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. tlasher

tlasher New Around Here

hi ive just flashed mine this morning and have the same problem !!

is my router broken ?

thanks

4. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Regular Contributor

@Mansour:
    Maybe good to mention that you talk about the DSL-AC68U and not the common RT-AC68U

If possible, please update the title of this thread.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

6. Mansour Alhumaidan

My bad. Now the title is more accurate.

Flying Dutchman likes this.
  7. tlasher

tlasher New Around Here

I may well might have a fix for this got a zip from a Mr Paul Lee direct from Asus but cannot try till I get home as at work
    Fingers crossed

8. Mansour Alhumaidan

I was talking to Paul an hour ago, he said they will work on it next Monday. Please share the zip file if you don't mind.

9. minus-zero

minus-zero New Around Here

My router got hit with the same issue. Updated to 3.0.0.4.384_21126 and the DSL modem part of the router stopped working. Looks like the DSL firmware is now totally missing.

Yesterday tech support advised a rollback to 3.0.0.4.382 but that did not restore DSL functionality. Today I called back and was told a new restore firmware had just been published (Link I was sent was http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/DSL-AC68U/Rescue_DSL_AC68U_300438421126.zip). When I looked it's just the restore image for 3.0.0.4.384_21126 but it seems they have pulled even that image now (I guess they finally caught on to that firmware nuking DSL on routers). It's still listed on the download centre but if you try and download it you get an "An error occurred while processing your request" response.

If the link starts working again I'll try flashing it via recovery and let you know if I have any joy. Otherwise I guess we see what Monday brings...

10. tlasher

tlasher New Around Here

11. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  12. tlasher

tlasher New Around Here

did it work for u ? im trying again

13. Mansour Alhumaidan

Flying Dutchman likes this.
  14. tlasher

tlasher New Around Here

yeah i flashed the git three times

working now

15. DaVoodoo

DaVoodoo New Around Here

Upgrading twice worked for me too. Router not bricked anymore. Thanks to all involved. Much appreciated. ;)

16. DaVoodoo

DaVoodoo New Around Here

Does anyone who used the fix use Port Forwarding? Try as I might I can not get any ports to forward. Is it this fix that broke it?

17. Grand

Grand New Around Here

Not working for me, still no dsl cable connected, update 10+ times, need solution Now :(

18. BradsterACT

BradsterACT Occasional Visitor

Grand
    Have you done a nvram reset after -fix firmware?(unplug router hold wps button... plug in router while still holding wps button....contunue to hold untill power light blinks)
    MINE didnt take untill i nvram reset and then loaded -fix again(2nd time)then nvram reset again and setup.

Im having issues with ewan....wouldnt work on ethernet 1 as it did pre update (pulls ip address from isp dns etc shows lease) but wan box on main page says disconnected and no traffic flows. Switched to ethernet4 and it works now.

My port forwarding works fine -fix firmware.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  19. minus-zero

minus-zero New Around Here

Mine took a few attempts with the fix firmware...

Recovery flash, recovery flash, NVRAM reset, Recovery flash, UI flash, UI Flash...

Perseverance paid off though and device is working fine. Downgraded to 3.0.0.4.382_50302 after I got it all working though just to avoid an bugs with running the fix firmware long term.

20. Grand

Grand New Around Here

Got firmware restoration, got it in recovery mode and uploaded the fix, did that again, then nvram reset, uploaded again the fix, still nothing happening

21. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!