What's new

DSL-AC68U 3.0.0.4.384_21126 bug ((( FIXED )))

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansour Alhumaidan

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

Today I have updated my modem ( DSL-AC68U) after I got an update notification. When the modem finished updating and rebooting I have noticed that the DSL driver is messing and couldn't recognize the DSL signal even though the DSL LED is on. I tried different firmwares and couldn't fix it.

This issue is common after this update as I have found many people complain with the same problem.

This guy has the same problem on another forum Click here
Also in this forum there are three got the same issue (Use google translator) POST1, POST2, and POST3

Best Regards,
Mansour.

Attachments

• as1.jpg
    as1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,200
  • as2.jpg
    as2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • as3.jpg
    as3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • as4.jpg
    as4.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,060
Last edited:
hi ive just flashed mine this morning and have the same problem !!

is my router broken ?

thanks

@Mansour:
Maybe good to mention that you talk about the DSL-AC68U and not the common RT-AC68U

If possible, please update the title of this thread.

Last edited:
I may well might have a fix for this got a zip from a Mr Paul Lee direct from Asus but cannot try till I get home as at work
Fingers crossed

I may well might have a fix for this got a zip from a Mr Paul Lee direct from Asus but cannot try till I get home as at work
Fingers crossed
I was talking to Paul an hour ago, he said they will work on it next Monday. Please share the zip file if you don't mind.

My router got hit with the same issue. Updated to 3.0.0.4.384_21126 and the DSL modem part of the router stopped working. Looks like the DSL firmware is now totally missing.

Yesterday tech support advised a rollback to 3.0.0.4.382 but that did not restore DSL functionality. Today I called back and was told a new restore firmware had just been published (Link I was sent was http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/DSL-AC68U/Rescue_DSL_AC68U_300438421126.zip). When I looked it's just the restore image for 3.0.0.4.384_21126 but it seems they have pulled even that image now (I guess they finally caught on to that firmware nuking DSL on routers). It's still listed on the download centre but if you try and download it you get an "An error occurred while processing your request" response.

If the link starts working again I'll try flashing it via recovery and let you know if I have any joy. Otherwise I guess we see what Monday brings...

Upgrading twice worked for me too. Router not bricked anymore. Thanks to all involved. Much appreciated. ;)

Does anyone who used the fix use Port Forwarding? Try as I might I can not get any ports to forward. Is it this fix that broke it?

Grand
Have you done a nvram reset after -fix firmware?(unplug router hold wps button... plug in router while still holding wps button....contunue to hold untill power light blinks)
MINE didnt take untill i nvram reset and then loaded -fix again(2nd time)then nvram reset again and setup.

Im having issues with ewan....wouldnt work on ethernet 1 as it did pre update (pulls ip address from isp dns etc shows lease) but wan box on main page says disconnected and no traffic flows. Switched to ethernet4 and it works now.

My port forwarding works fine -fix firmware.

Last edited:
Mine took a few attempts with the fix firmware...

Recovery flash, recovery flash, NVRAM reset, Recovery flash, UI flash, UI Flash...

Perseverance paid off though and device is working fine. Downgraded to 3.0.0.4.382_50302 after I got it all working though just to avoid an bugs with running the fix firmware long term.

Got firmware restoration, got it in recovery mode and uploaded the fix, did that again, then nvram reset, uploaded again the fix, still nothing happening

Status
Not open for further replies.