What's new

Beta [DSL-AC68U] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.x Alphas for DSL-AC68U are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have never seen this before. Do you get anything in the logs? Try to reflash the alpha 9 or orig firmware. You may have to reset to factory too. I have upgraded to this release from alpha 9, so it should have worked out.
If it is something related to the modem firmware upgrade i am wondering if the issue is triggered from the fact you were connected using it. When I upgraded i was connected to internet through ethernet WAN.

Last edited:
I have never seen this before. Do you get anything in the logs? Try to reflash the alpha 9 or orig firmware. You may have to reset to factory too. I have upgraded to this release from alpha 9, so it should have worked out.
If it is something related to the modem firmware upgrade i am wondering if the issue is triggered from the fact you were connected using it. When I upgraded i was connected to internet through ethernet WAN.
I'll check this in detail in the evening. Currently, the internet has been cut due to many unsuccessful attempts. I cannot experiment any more because all aimesh networks have internet cut off, there are many people using the internet now.

I just flashed one of my DSL-AC68U everything went smooth (dirty flashing from previous alpha) no problems in the posses.

I will test the new beta and report back.

thanks gnuton

I'll check this in detail in the evening. Currently, the internet has been cut due to many unsuccessful attempts. I cannot experiment any more because all aimesh networks have internet cut off, there are many people using the internet now.
I have also noticed I cannot reproduce some of the issues you submited.
For instance this ones:
1. https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/77
2. https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/73

Can someone else test these out?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Ekran Görüntüsü - 2021-02-05 02-07-28.png
    Ekran Görüntüsü - 2021-02-05 02-07-28.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 102
I have also noticed I cannot reproduce some of the issues you submited.
For instance this ones:
1. https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/77
2. https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/73

Can someone else test these out?

I reset the entire aimesh network and the problem was gone. I upgraded from alpha 9 and it was successful.

Game and Open NAT options (port opening, QOS) none work. · Issue #75 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)

the problem continues. game option puts qos in game mode, but Open NAT option does not work. (I tried it for CS GO)

Speed test Upload problem occurred in browsers · Issue #76 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)

the problem continues.

Wireless settings are working but not showing this. · Issue #77 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)

the problem continues.

Guest network can't access internet if 'Access Intranet' is disabled · Issue #74 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)

the problem continues.

Apart from these, everything seems to work fine. I guess these are also caused by the asus main software. I do not know.

I wish you luck, thank you.

Last edited:
I cannot reproduce those bugs yet, and as for now i think those are due to something wrong in the NVRAM of your router.

If you can factory reset the router and try again that would be heplful.
If anybody else can check that out that would defintely help out too.

Could it be because I use AMTM?

I will first reset and try from alpha9. If not then I'll try and switch to asus software

Henüz bu hataları yeniden oluşturamıyorum ve şimdilik bunların yönlendiricinizin NVRAM'ındaki yanlış bir şeyden kaynaklandığını düşünüyorum.

Yönlendiriciyi fabrika ayarlarına sıfırlayabilir ve tekrar deneyebilirseniz, bu heplful olur.
Bunu kontrol edebilecek biri varsa, bu da kesinlikle yardımcı olur.
I've already done a factory reset. Thx.

I've already done a factory reset. Thx.
What happen after the factory reset are your problems solved?

I tested them on my device

Game and Open NAT options (port opening, QOS) none work. · Issue #75 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)
It is working ok on my device.

Speed test Upload problem occurred in browsers · Issue #76 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)
The problem is only with Microsoft edge (it is a bit strange but only if you use edge you can say that it is a problem)

Wireless settings are working but not showing this. · Issue #77 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)
Settings are staying and displaying fine on my device.

Guest network can't access internet if 'Access Intranet' is disabled · Issue #74 · gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng (github.com)
It behaves normally on my device.

Are you connected via the modem or the wan port ?

I don't know if it will make any deference but try to disable hardware acceleration.

What happen after the factory reset are your problems solved?

I tested them on my device

It is working ok on my device.

The problem is only with Microsoft edge (it is a bit strange but only if you use edge you can say that it is a problem)

Settings are staying and displaying fine on my device.

It behaves normally on my device.

Are you connected via the modem or the wan port ?

I don't know if it will make any deference but try to disable hardware acceleration.
It is really interesting. After installing, I reset the modem directly without going to Aimesh installation and installed it that way. If you don't have it, I shouldn't have either. I do not know what can I do for a solution. I reset the usb device attached to the nvram after the installation. Could it have taken the old settings on it? Tonight I'm going to reset everything again, this time I'll also unplug the usb device. everything will be right. Hope it all resolved.

Thanks a gain Osman for your reports. I
It is really interesting. After installing, I reset the modem directly without going to Aimesh installation and installed it that way. If you don't have it, I shouldn't have either. I do not know what can I do for a solution. I reset the usb device attached to the nvram after the installation. Could it have taken the old settings on it? Tonight I'm going to reset everything again, this time I'll also unplug the usb device. everything will be right. Hope it all resolved.
Try to format the Jffs partition too since some settings are there too.
Please do not restore old settings from file.

Thanks a gain Osman for your reports. I

Try to format the Jffs partition too since some settings are there too.
Please do not restore old settings from file.

Hi, @GNUton, @Zendilar

i did all aimesh network, usb stick and jffs reset. I made all the settings again.

But I'm sorry to report that the following errors have not been fixed.

Game option switches qos to game mode. Open NAT option enables port forwarding, but when I enable port forwarding for CSGO (PC), the settings are not activated, they are reset.

This error only happens via speedtest. For example, when I speed test with nperf everything looks normal. and I just verified that it originates from the edge. others are perfectly straight. There is a problem when I run a speed test with edge.

Edit: I just got the Google Chrome update and installed it. the problem is completely fixed. There is no problem at the moment.. :)

I found that these settings were correct when I checked the phone. but when I look at it from the computer, it seems that the settings have never been made.

When "Access Intranet" is activated while "Guest Network index is 1", the person connected to the network cannot connect to the internet. The connected person is not visible on the modem. When the intranet is closed, the guest accesses the network, but this time the bandwidth limiter does not work. Download works but upload doesn't work. I tried it for download 10 mb upload 1 mb.

Even if "Access to Intranet" is enabled while "Guest Network directory 2" is enabled, the person connected to the network accesses the internet and this is true. The person connected appears on the modem. However, this option doesn't have an option to share with the entire aimesh network.

If I am the only person reporting these errors and everyone else's modem is working normally, I think the problem may be with my modem.

I will not write that problems persist in github.

Still, thank you for your attention.

Last edited:
Edit.

I tested a few times because it was a bit unclear, and yes Osman is right.
When you add a game or you set a port manually the gui saws it as added, but after you press apply nothing appears in the list.

I thought that it was working because some of the ports were already added by me in virtual server & port forwarding section
and I assumed that after adding them on the open nat they were moved there. sorry for the misunderstanding Elitok is correct.

Although every other issue that is mentioned is working fine I double checked

Also in game when you add your gaming device it stays but the icon for removing it or editing it is invisible.
I guess that is one of the bags that as Gnuton said needs ironing.

ps.
( I do not have any other devices that utilize AI mesh so I can not reproduce anything related with it. Maybe if you try to set it up without adding any other device and check it first and then if it works add them one by one)

Last edited:
is this the list where they do not appear?
The list is in the page http://router.asus.com/GameProfile.asp
BTW please try to run all the tests in a chrome incognito window in order to not get values cached in the browser or get chrome extensions interact with the page.

1612689893501.png

Attachments

• 1612689919989.png
    1612689919989.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
görünmedikleri liste bu mu?
Liste http://router.asus.com/GameProfile.asp sayfasındadır.
BTW, tarayıcıda önbelleğe alınan değerleri almamak veya Chrome uzantılarının sayfayla etkileşime girmesini önlemek için lütfen tüm testleri bir krom gizli pencerede çalıştırmayı deneyin.

@GNUton

yes this is the screen. When he says save these settings, he says okay, but when the page is refreshed, everything disappears as if no settings have been made.

It looks like chmod 777 doesn't have permission .. :)

I found that these settings were correct when I checked the phone. but when I look at it from the computer, it seems that the settings have never been made.

Edit: I also confirm that this has improved. I had to open an incognito tab to avoid being affected by the cookies in the browser.

@Zendilar

Thanks for retesting.

Last edited:
I'm using firmware 386 beta 1. I use ExpressVPN set up with OpenVPN protocol. Everything seems to be fine. Then I installed the Flexqos and had some problems. Meanwhile, I realized that the Flexqos and I believe also the adaptive qos of the router does not work well if the VPN is active. In practice, the Flexqos cannot distinguish the type of traffic. To solve this, I checked the entry 'Force Internet traffic through tunnel' on the open vpn cliet adjustment page on 'yes'. At this point the Flexqos distinguishes all types of files and optimizes the download flow, while in upload it sees everything as 'file transfer'. If I turn off the VPN, all of these problems aren't there.
I point out that when the router is restarted, both from the web page and from the app and from a power failure, the adaptive qos does not seem to work !!! In reality the control page indicates it as active but there are no flow charts etc ..... just clicking on 'apply' in the qos page, it is restarted and then it seems to work perfectly. I also wrote my doubts in the specific Flexqos post but since the vpn centers, the problem seems to affect both the 386 firmware and the flexqos.

I'm using firmware 386 beta 1. I use ExpressVPN set up with OpenVPN protocol. Everything seems to be fine. Then I installed the Flexqos and had some problems. Meanwhile, I realized that the Flexqos and I believe also the adaptive qos of the router does not work well if the VPN is active. In practice, the Flexqos cannot distinguish the type of traffic. To solve this, I checked the entry 'Force Internet traffic through tunnel' on the open vpn cliet adjustment page on 'yes'. At this point the Flexqos distinguishes all types of files and optimizes the download flow, while in upload it sees everything as 'file transfer'. If I turn off the VPN, all of these problems aren't there.
I point out that when the router is restarted, both from the web page and from the app and from a power failure, the adaptive qos does not seem to work !!! In reality the control page indicates it as active but there are no flow charts etc ..... just clicking on 'apply' in the qos page, it is restarted and then it seems to work perfectly. I also wrote my doubts in the specific Flexqos post but since the vpn centers, the problem seems to affect both the 386 firmware and the flexqos.
Hi Matteo,
Do you know if this is this affecting also RT-AC68U or other RT models too or is this affecting only the DSL-AC68U?

Meanwhile, thanks for the reply. In the discussion of the flxqos they told me that the adaptive qos and in particular the flexqos, starts up after about 3 minutes from the restart of the router; it's kind of a bug in version 386. In fact, I tried and actually after 3 minutes the flexqos starts working.
As for the opnevpn, I am doing some tests, I will see what happens but it seems to me that everything is ok

I noticed an anomaly but I don't know what it could be. About once a day the router stops the wireless service, all the wifi devices are without connection, then the connection returns in a few seconds and everything works as before. I am attaching the system log file here

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    399.1 KB · Views: 90