What's new

Beta [DSL-AC68U] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.x Alphas for DSL-AC68U are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi there,
I have found the problem related to guest network 1 and the new beta3 will be released as soon as it gets build by the CI pipeline (approx 1 hour from now).
I did some basic tests on DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82U and I have not found issues yet. Guest network 1 works again for me now if intranet is disabled.
More testing is required. Things that need to be tested are:
1. Guest Network with AiMesh
2. Guest Networks on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz
Thanks!

@GNUton Hello,

I installed beta 4 on my DSL AC68U. I tested the Aimesh network for both 2.4 and 5 ghz.

The main modem (DSL-AC68U) was connected to the internet while the Intranet access was turned off on the 2.4 GHz guest network and the speed limiter also worked. But when I share the guest network to the entire aimesh network, other auxiliary (RT-AC68U) modems connect to the internet but the speed limiter doesn't work. (I tried 10 mb / 1 mb for testing, please try it like this.)

The main (DSL-AC68U) modem connected to the internet with 5 GHz guest network with Intranet access turned off and the speed limiter also worked. But when I share the guest network to the whole aimesh network, other (RT-AC68U) does not connect to the internet on modems.

Nice to see that at least part of the problem has been resolved, thank you.

Thanks for testing this. Really apprecit
@GNUton Hello,

I installed beta 4 on my DSL AC68U. I tested the Aimesh network for both 2.4 and 5 ghz.

The main modem (DSL-AC68U) was connected to the internet while the Intranet access was turned off on the 2.4 GHz guest network and the speed limiter also worked. But when I share the guest network to the entire aimesh network, other auxiliary (RT-AC68U) modems connect to the internet but the speed limiter doesn't work. (I tried 10 mb / 1 mb for testing, please try it like this.)

The main (DSL-AC68U) modem connected to the internet with 5 GHz guest network with Intranet access turned off and the speed limiter also worked. But when I share the guest network to the whole aimesh network, other (RT-AC68U) does not connect to the internet on modems.

Nice to see that at least part of the problem has been resolved, thank you.

Thanks for testing the latest beta! :D Really apprecited.
If I got it right the problems are:
1. (internet) <---> DSL-AC68U (AiMesh Master) <---> RT-AC68U (AiMesh slave) <-- Guest Network 2.4 and 5 Ghz-->PC
PROBLEM - speed limiter doesn't work

2. it's not really clear. Coul you please elaborate more?
Thanks

I'll put my NVRAM data here now after I reboot etc. The value increases by about 10 bytes per day as the days go by. I doubt there is anything wrong. I set up my 8 devices with each their own static IP address, I have 5 OpenVPN servers, installed skynet, flexqos, amtm, etc. etc. All the steps I did after doing a master reset. The exclamation point does not light up with the NVRAM full message, I just noticed that slowly aumanta !!!! It would take months to saturate. I noticed that with that scrip I have reported, it can be cleaned or optimized. So I set up a cronjob to run the command once a day.
Have you tried to run the command that RMerlin suggested? you can run it every day for a few days and then run
diff FILE_day1 FILE_day2
so that you see in which keys you see these increments.

Thanks for testing this. Really apprecit

Thanks for testing the latest beta! :D Really apprecited.
If I got it right the problems are:
1. (internet) <---> DSL-AC68U (AiMesh Master) <---> RT-AC68U (AiMesh slave) <-- Guest Network 2.4 and 5 Ghz-->PC
PROBLEM - speed limiter doesn't work

2. it's not really clear. Coul you please elaborate more?
Thanks

yes, dsl ac68u master modem.
Intranet is Off, internet connection is active.
There is 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz internet. speed limiter is working. Everything is normal.

2x rt ac68u slave modem.
2.4 ghz Intranet Off, internet connection active. speed limiter does not work.
5 ghz Intranet Off, internet connection not active.

I hope it happened this time :)

Have you tried to run the command that RMerlin suggested? you can run it every day for a few days and then run
diff FILE_day1 FILE_day2
so that you see in which keys you see these increments.
I realized it was just my fixation, NVRAM is automatically consolidated by Merlin

I point out a bug, I don't know if it's already known. If under Traffic Analyzer I go to activate the statistics, then during the boot it does not automatically activate the VPN server. I use ExpressVPN and have set that the VPN server is automatically activated on boot. If the Traffic Analyzer statistics are active, it does not automatically activate the VPN server

I point out a bug, I don't know if it's already known. If under Traffic Analyzer I go to activate the statistics, then during the boot it does not automatically activate the VPN server. I use ExpressVPN and have set that the VPN server is automatically activated on boot. If the Traffic Analyzer statistics are active, it does not automatically activate the VPN server

yes, dsl ac68u master modem.
Intranet is Off, internet connection is active.
There is 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz internet. speed limiter is working. Everything is normal.

2x rt ac68u slave modem.
2.4 ghz Intranet Off, internet connection active. speed limiter does not work.
5 ghz Intranet Off, internet connection not active.

I hope it happened this time :)
If the RT-AC68U is NOT in AIMesh slave mode, and you activate a new guest network only for it on the 5Ghz,
Try to connect your PC to the guest 5ghz network of the RT-AC68u.. does the internet connection works?
(you can connect RT and DSL through cable)
the DSL was doing that for the 5ghz before the fix. but not it doesn't anymore.

Interesting, are you sure there are no scripts interacting with this?

If the RT-AC68U is NOT in AIMesh slave mode, and you activate a new guest network only for it on the 5Ghz,
Try to connect your PC to the guest 5ghz network of the RT-AC68u.. does the internet connection works?
(you can connect RT and DSL through cable)
the DSL was doing that for the 5ghz before the fix. but not it doesn't anymore.

I ran a few more tests for the guest network.

For DSL AC68U Main modem,

2.4 and 5 ghz everything is normal.
the internet is active.
Intranet is closed.
Speed Limiter is working.
Sync to AiMesh Node "All"

For AC RT68U additional modems,

If 2.4 ghz is activated before, 5 ghz does not work.
If it was activated 5 ghz ago, 2.4 ghz does not work.
Whichever was activated first, that guest network is working on RT modems.
the internet is active.
Speed Limiter does not work.

The device connected to the guest network receives a different IP address and it is not possible to change it.

2.4 ghz 192.168.101.*
5 Ghz 192.168.102.*

I am adding a few pictures, I hope it helps.

I think these problems are caused by the Asus software.
Asus added new icons and a few new features in its latest update. Would we be better if you continue with that software?

See you later.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    63.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    382 KB · Views: 119
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    389.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    416.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    49.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I ran a few more tests for the guest network.

For DSL AC68U Main modem,

2.4 and 5 ghz everything is normal.
the internet is active.
Intranet is closed.
Speed Limiter is working.
Sync to AiMesh Node "All"

For AC RT68U additional modems,

If 2.4 ghz is activated before, 5 ghz does not work.
If it was activated 5 ghz ago, 2.4 ghz does not work.
Whichever was activated first, that guest network is working on RT modems.
the internet is active.
Speed Limiter does not work.

The device connected to the guest network receives a different IP address and it is not possible to change it.

2.4 ghz 192.168.101.*
5 Ghz 192.168.102.*

I am adding a few pictures, I hope it helps.

I think these problems are caused by the Asus software.
Asus added new icons and a few new features in its latest update. Would we be better if you continue with that software?

See you later.
Not sure which is the asus software you are referring too, AiMesh 2.0?
What I do need to understand here is if the problem comes from DSL-AC68U or from RT-AC68U.
If the RT-AC68U is not in AIMesh mode, does the guest network work correctly?
You can test this by connect the DSL to RT with cable. They should not be in AIMesh mode.
The RT should get interent connection from WAN ethernet.
I will test this on my side with DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82U and I will report.
I do not have a VPN right now. Is anyvbody with VPN facing this issue too?

Not sure which is the asus software you are referring too, AiMesh 2.0?
What I do need to understand here is if the problem comes from DSL-AC68U or from RT-AC68U.
If the RT-AC68U is not in AIMesh mode, does the guest network work correctly?
You can test this by connect the DSL to RT with cable. They should not be in AIMesh mode.
The RT should get interent connection from WAN ethernet.
I will test this on my side with DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82U and I will report.

I do not have a VPN right now. Is anyvbody with VPN facing this issue too?
I deactivated that function, I had only activated it out of curiosity.

Guys I think I will tagging the beta4 as stable. 386.01_2-gnuton1.
I will realease an alpha with the changes based on 386.02 too. The new cacke QoS is there, but it should not work for DSL interface yet, it should work for ethernet.

Last edited:
Guys I think I will tagging the beta4 as stable.

Congratulations !

The problem is either due to the aimesh system or the rt device. However, I removed 1 of the aimesh system, which I will do the test you said for you.

1. Not sure which is the asus software you are referring too, AiMesh 2.0?
2. What I do need to understand here is if the problem comes from DSL-AC68U or from RT-AC68U.
3. If the RT-AC68U is not in AIMesh mode, does the guest network work correctly?
4. You can test this by connect the DSL to RT with cable. They should not be in AIMesh mode.
5. The RT should get interent connection from WAN ethernet.
6. I will test this on my side with DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82U and I will report.

1. the software I'm talking about: 386.01_2-gnuton0_beta4
2. I guess aimesh is due to lack of communication between devices. The changes I made on the dsl device are not transferred to the RT devices.
3. I took my rt-ac68u out of aimesh mode and tested it for you. everything works normally.
4. Yes. i did this for you.
5. Yes. i did this for you.
6. I suppose it should be reported that the Aimesh system cannot communicate with other devices regarding "speed limiting".

I am very old compared to you, I am aware that we cannot agree on the language :) It is very difficult for me to learn English now, I invite you to learn Turkish :)

I will realease an alpha with the changes based on 386.02 too. The new cacke QoS is there, but it should not work for DSL interface yet, it should work for ethernet.
Cake was only added for 4.1.x kernels.

Great, I wait before trying the alpha because at the moment with the stable the modem is really good

@GNUton

I installed the new alpha. The devices have no pictures :)

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    69.3 KB · Views: 102