What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi, just like to say that the latest stable version has been flawless for the last few weeks. Great work @GNUton ! Just wondering if there will be a new updated stable version ?

Hi, just like to say that the latest stable version has been flawless for the last few weeks. Great work @GNUton ! Just wondering if there will be a new updated stable version ?

The latest Asus stock firmware for the DSL-AC68U is already on the new 386.... branch of code which RMerlin is busy working on so that 386 versions of his code can be released for the range of routers he supports.
Until that happens - no point in @GNUton doing all the heavy lifting which will be required to give us an update to the Merlinware enabled version which runs on our DSL's.

To understand the heavy lifting that has to take place in the background - just consider these genuine stats lifted recently off Github ...
Code:
Prepare platform for 386 merge; merge 386_39179 + binary blobs
This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository. @RMerl
RMerl committed 7 days ago
Showing 3,205 changed files with 653,790 additions and 201,830 deletions.
The diff you're trying to view is too large. We only load the first 3000 changed files.
GNUton 384.17 remains wonderfully stable - so we'll all have to be patient for a good while longer.
Really looking forward to the new version when it arrives :cool:.

Hi there,

I have an RT-AC86U as primary router (connected to vodafone power station via WAN port) and need to add two ethernet wired AiMesh nodes.

Accidentaly I have bough two DSL-AC86u, instead of RT…sigh…was in a hurry and the price was good

As for today the stock DSL firmware allow for Aimeshing bot only in wireless mode, do Merlin firmware support LAN to LAN AiMesh ?

thx!

Attachments

• AIMESH-NOT-STANDARD.jpg
    AIMESH-NOT-STANDARD.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 392
Hi there,

I have an RT-AC86U as primary router (connected to vodafone power station via WAN port) and need to add two ethernet wired AiMesh nodes.

Accidentaly I have bough two DSL-AC86u, instead of RT…sigh…was in a hurry and the price was good

As for today the stock DSL firmware allow for Aimeshing bot only in wireless mode, do Merlin firmware support LAN to LAN AiMesh ?

thx!
Did you buy the AC68U or the 86U?...

I bought RT-AC68U some years ago and now two used DSL-AC68U
I made a typo in my post... its 68 not 86

I bought RT-AC68U some years ago and now two used DSL-AC68U
I made a typo in my post... its 68 not 86

The LAN to LAN wired backhaul connection will not work with any routers in Aimesh node as far as I am aware - only LAN on main router to WAN on the node router will work.
The DSL-AC68U has a blue WAN port - so no problem.

I see no reason why you cannot use your RT-AC68U as the main Aimesh Router - and then use the two DSL-AC68U routers as Aimesh Nodes.
However - I believe it is generally wise to run the same firmware base versions on the main router and on the nodes - and that may be a potential problem.
The latest stock release for the DSL-AC68U is shifted up to base version 386 whereas the RT-AC68U is one rung lower on the 384 base code [despite stock firmware number using 384.5].

I would place Merlinware 384.19 on your RT-AC86U and then start with stock firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384_81981[last version "4" release] on the two DSL-AC68U's.
Aimesh is closed source Asus code - so no way of knowing without trying.

on the DSL-AC68U the blue one is a RJ11 port not a WAN RJ45.
So I have to use the DSL-AC68U as main router (use LAN1 as WAN set in amdini page) then use RT-AC68U as a node. This is the only way as because I need a wired aimesh setup

In logs it shows " Try to upload DSL firmware. Upload DSL Firmware failed "
Is there any way to flash it with the programmer?
Miracle happened. I made a bridge from other VDSL router and conencted it to DSL-AC68U. After week of operation and no flashing of firmware the DSL part is working again. Ghost in the machine?