[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

Zendilar

Occasional Visitor
I totally agree with kernol GNUton / Merlin firmware will not alter the hardware capabilities of this DSL Router, if your AC68U can handle 1Gb/100M speeds with Asus stock firmware, GNUton / Merlin firmware will do the same.

As for CPU load, I have 100Mb/s connection and it barely touches 50% of CPU load with almost maximum usage of the line. (yes there are some spikes up to 95% but that is for a few seconds)

dfunked

Occasional Visitor
I totally agree with kernol GNUton / Merlin firmware will not alter the hardware capabilities of this DSL Router, if your AC68U can handle 1Gb/100M speeds with Asus stock firmware, GNUton / Merlin firmware will do the same.

As for CPU load, I have 100Mb/s connection and it barely touches 50% of CPU load with almost maximum usage of the line. (yes there are some spikes up to 95% but that is for a few seconds)
Presumably you don't have the same AIProtection etc settings as me, as mine definitely goes to nearly full utilisation if I kick off a Steam download. Throttling downloads to 5MB/s drops it to 50% (or maybe mine is just ready to be put out to pasture!)

Just looked into it and the AC68U can handle gigabit internet if it's used in AP mode, but as a router you're going to be be taking a bigger speed hit the more features you enable. It's a perfectly fine router for VDSL kind of speeds, but it's definitely not something I'd consider using if I was lucky enough to get gigabit.

Definitely going well off topic here - apologies GNUton and thanks for the firmware!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!