What's new

DSL-AX82U firmware update to 49608 fails

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nmesisca

New Around Here
Hi,
I bought a DSL-AX82U that comes with firmware 3.0.0.4.386_48378. I have set it up to automatically update firmware at night. In the morning the router was offline, aura pulsing red, led slowly blinking white. I then used the restoration tool and tried to manually update to the latest firmware 49608. That failed with the message Failed to recover the system. I used the same process to flash the 48378 firmware, and that worked. I am now left with the router asking to update, and no way to update it. Does anyone have any idea how to proceed with this? First ASUS product here ...
thank you,
N

PS: this is actually the second DSL-AX82U, the first one had the exact same issue, and I sent it back as RMA

General recommendations: remove any USB devices, factory reset with initialize then minimally configure (wifi and user-password). Then flash the firmware from the GUI (ADMINISTRATION/Firmware Upgrade). Do not use a saved config file to restore the router.

Aside from flashing from the GUI, the rest I have tried it all :S the router was literally just out of the box
I still do not understand how the auto-update could have possibly failed.
Any of you here with this device and on the last firmware version?

I have this device and havent had a issue with firmware updating.
I would head to the asus forum under hardware and software support, for advice too.
I do not have the auto update enabled, I do it manual, have you tried flashing manual and getting the file from the asus site?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!