What's new

Dual band smart connect with 5ghz only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Many of the devices are IoT on 2.4, which are actually working and behaving quite well. I'm just trying to figure out 5-2 for non-stationary devices. I'll figure something out. Thanks for your help and your suggestions! Have a good day!

You could certainly try reducing the transmit power.
I would install a heat mapper app on your phone first. Use it to see how far the reach of each router is before and after the power adjustments. Adjust each channel separately and do them incrementally.

Roaming Assistant and AIMesh do not play nice with each other!

Many devices don't work with DFS, sad to say.

160ghz is only useful if you have a device that supports it. Non 160 stuff won't touch it. Switch to 80ghz for the greatest compatibility.

Turn off the Roam Assist first. Then go 80ghz, then touch the transmit power. Only touch one thing at a time!

Always remember the K.I.S.S. method: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Now, I am not calling stupid by any means, far be it for me to do such things as Murphy is my autocorrect.

Just do one thing at a time.

Last edited:
You could certainly try reducing the transmit power.
I would install a heat mapper app on your phone first. Use it to see how far the reach of each router is before and after the power adjustments. Adjust each channel separately and do them incrementally.

Roaming Assistant and AIMesh do not play nice with each other!

Many devices don't work with DFS, sad to say.

160ghz is only useful if you have a device that supports it. Non 160 stuff won't touch it. Switch to 80ghz for the greatest compatibility.

Turn off the Roam Assist first. Then go 80ghz, then touch the transmit power. Only touch one thing at a time!

Always remember the K.I.S.S. method: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Now, I am not calling stupid by any means, far be it for me to do such things as Murphy is my autocorrect.

Just do one thing at a time.
Thank you!!!!