What's new

Dual Wan configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bemo47

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have now 2 WAN connections, one via a Huawei B715 4G router and one via my ADSL box.
The 4G is the main connection, and the ADSL is the backup connection.
I want to configure the dual wan but it seems that i didn't adress correctly my network...
The 4G router is on a x.x.3.1 adress and network, and the ADSL is on a x.x.1.1 adress and network
The ASUS is maanging a x.x.2.1-254 network with all my equipements.

When i configure the WAN in the ASUS i give x.x.3.100 (ip adress of ASUS on the 4G network) for extended network and x.x.3.1 for gateway
When i configure the dual WAN i say :
- primary = wan
- secondary = ethernet LAN - LAN port2 where the cable coming from the ADSL box is plugged
- mode = switching (not load balancing)

in normal mode all is working fine on the 4G access, but if i cut the 4G, it tries to switch to ADSL but as i don't enter the ip adress neither a gateway adress for this dual wan it doesn't work...

so i think i am doing something wrong in my ip adresses for these two WAN accesses.

thanks for your advices...

Hi,

I have now 2 WAN connections, one via a Huawei B715 4G router and one via my ADSL box.
The 4G is the main connection, and the ADSL is the backup connection.
I want to configure the dual wan but it seems that i didn't adress correctly my network...
The 4G router is on a x.x.3.1 adress and network, and the ADSL is on a x.x.1.1 adress and network
The ASUS is maanging a x.x.2.1-254 network with all my equipements.

When i configure the WAN in the ASUS i give x.x.3.100 (ip adress of ASUS on the 4G network) for extended network and x.x.3.1 for gateway
When i configure the dual WAN i say :
- primary = wan
- secondary = ethernet LAN - LAN port2 where the cable coming from the ADSL box is plugged
- mode = switching (not load balancing)

in normal mode all is working fine on the 4G access, but if i cut the 4G, it tries to switch to ADSL but as i don't enter the ip adress neither a gateway adress for this dual wan it doesn't work...

so i think i am doing something wrong in my ip adresses for these two WAN accesses.

thanks for your advices...

in the meantime i have found a way to make it working, i have just defined the WAN as automatic IP instead of fixed IP, and it work like charm, switching to backup and coming back to main....

Dual WAN seems to be broken in newer firmwares. I load balance and it's basically non functional regardless of configuration. Only when using two ethernet connections. Dual WAN using usb works correctly.

my dual wan was working fine, primary being a 4G network with 100mbps/10Mbps up and down speed, configured as failover with secondary being ADSL 12Mbps/0.8Mbps.
but i can't see all the lan of the secondary network, the box itself and another equipment connecter on the adsl box in the x.x.1.x network

when there is a failover to the ADSL, then the 1.x LAN becomes visible.

i tried to configure the balancing mode, now it works correctly also, but i had to add these routing rules :
- x.x.2.1/24 to All > primary
- All from x.x.2.1/24 > primary
I suppose that through that all traffic is managed only by the primary 4G access. And it works fine. Its doesn't balance but the goal was only to be able to see the x.x.1.x lan.

And i still can't acces this 1.x lan....

So if someone has an idea....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!