What's new

Dual WAN Wireless Firewall/Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yockers

New Around Here
Hi All,

Okay, so here's a challenge for you :) One in which I'm stumped so far. What I'd really like, is the following features in a single box. I can spend hundreds on seperates to do this, but that's not ideal for me:

• Wireless (802.11g, WPA2)
  • Gigabit Switch (min four ports)
  • Firewall, ICSA Labs approved if poss
  • Dual WAN for load balancing two ISPs
  • VLANing, so Wireless can be on a seperate VLAN

Not too demanding, eh ! Any suggestions ?

Many Thanks,

Yockers.:confused:

Hmmmm.

Sonicwall TZ190? Hope you don't mind paying for support...

Also look at the Zyxel USG100/200 series. Has a PCMCIA port but not sure you can add a wifi card, maybe only 3G WAN card. If interested call Zyxel for more details.

Honestly, IMO, I would get a Firewall without built-in wifi and connect a wifi AP to one of the ports and segregate (VLAN so to speak). Wifi technology changes to often and your firewall will probably be good for a few years...

Hmmmm.

Sonicwall TZ190? Hope you don't mind paying for support...

Also look at the Zyxel USG100/200 series. Has a PCMCIA port but not sure you can add a wifi card, maybe only 3G WAN card. If interested call Zyxel for more details.

Honestly, IMO, I would get a Firewall without built-in wifi and connect a wifi AP to one of the ports and segregate (VLAN so to speak). Wifi technology changes to often and your firewall will probably be good for a few years...

That's a good point Claykin, thanks for the reply. It also opens up my search options nicely ! :)