What's new

End of year 2017 development update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Appreciate all your hard work, @RMerlin!
Excited that 382 is coming to AC68U.

Happy Holidays and wishing you a great New Year.

RMerlin,thank you very much for the professional product you have supplied us in 2017 as well as in the past 5 years. You should be proud of your product as well as all the progress you have made over the years. I am.

@RMerlin,

It looks like you have got yourself a good plan for 2018, and it only confirms your dedication and commitment to this project ( calling it a hobby would not make it justice), kudos and thank you for that.

Wishing you happy holidays,

Nelson

i hope my asus rt-n66u wil recieve 382 in the future.
same here, but I'm starting to look at newer models to use as my main router so that if/when it comes to pass, I'll hopefully be able to use AiMesh.
Fingers crossed, knocking on wood, but facing tech churn with the full understanding of how it will probably end up going. I still have a functioning linksys wrt54g, but that doesn't mean I use it, you know?

Thank you Eric for your efforts! I am using your FW since April 2013 without any major trouble. It is sad that my "iron" RT-N66U should be retired, but this is the life. I wish you a Happy New Year!

Won't change my plan to drop this model, sorry. All the other reasons still apply (infrequent GPL releases, lack of resources to support one additional SDK platform, etc...).

Will the RT-AC66U_B1 continue to get updates through the AC68U releases?
(Otherwise, as a small-time project donor, I'll be happy to start planning on a router upgrade :)

Thanks Merlin for your remarkable work! :)
And a Happy New Year!!

@RMerlin
Thx for all your hard work and Happy New Year

Thank you so much for your hard work @RMerlin . Your builds have made our ASUS products top notch and rock solid. Asus has a lot to thank for the hard work you put in maintaining their firmwares, beyond the work they put in their releases.

I have a been stalking these forums for some time now, I have read through pages of RMerlin's efforts to assist peeps with the customisation of their routers. I can't stress enough how thankful I am for the work that has been put into asuswrt-merlin firmware, its frankly awesome.

I have read through a monster stack of suggested addons and scripts to date and I cautiously believe I have a near perfect setup (I said perfect, poor bait I know).

I run now - dnscrypt, dnsmasq, freeradius2, AB-Solution, Entware, a stack of custom startup scripts on my RT-AC88U, and OpenVPN with policy based routing.

Mass props to you RMerlin, even when your guides are a little lite on detail (yes I am into following the bouncing ball), I treat it like u r making me work for every feature I randomly decided it was a must have.

Looking forward to seeing new updates to the firmware in 2018.

...k enough fanboi'in I'll get back to stalkin dem threads.

Thanks again RMerlin for all your work.