1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

End of year 2017 development update

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by RMerlin, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Grigione

Grigione Regular Contributor

When will be available 382.2 stable version for rt-ac68u?thanks

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. DonnyJohnny

DonnyJohnny Very Senior Member

try clear browser cache or change browser to test.

Maybe also good to try a restart of router after the above steps.

By the way, this thread is not meant for bug report. Please post them in appropriate threat or create new thread.

4. sharkus

sharkus Occasional Visitor

@RMerlin / Eric,
    As always, many many thanks for your continuing work on this project. Had it running on my 66, and now running on my 88.

Have a very good new year :)

5. M@rco

[email protected] Very Senior Member

@RMerlin, as many have already said: thank you so much for your hard work, your firmware was the main reason I bought an Asus RT-AC68U, and switched from Netgear/DD-WRT to Asus/Asuswrt-Merlin. I have no and haven't had any regrets whatsoever, I truly appreciate and respect how you, unselfishly and dedicated, keep putting so many hours in this project, supporting many models with high quality, feature rich firmware. I'm wishing you and your beloved ones all the best for 2018 and keep up the great work!

6. bradbort

bradbort Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for all the hard work Merlin! I've never regreted moving over to your version. It solved most of my issues, and when there is aproblem, it's great to get such rapid feedback from you and the community you have built! I hope everyone has a great new year!

A question for folks: I currently have the 88U, and it is working well. I have about 16 clients, ranging from PC"s, iPhones, to IoT devices. I don't use a usb driver on the router, because I have a synology NAS. Is there any compelling reason for me to move to the newer 86U?

Brad

7. HuskyHerder

HuskyHerder Regular Contributor

I know I have saw mention of the GT-5300 not being supported. I have no plans for that model...

But is the RT-AC5300 in the same boat ? For future updates to the new versions ? If it is depreciated, rather than me posting to another topic.

I do apologize if this has been asked, I usually just troll around and see if any updates pop or someone mentions it. I don't have many issues with my setup. Most solved from that lurking around reading all the posts I can find on my issues and setting about fixing them.

Regardlessly if the new year includes my model or not, I have great admiration for the project and the work you accomplished. May the new year carry you upward and onward to new places.

Tom

edit : Found my answer for this question "Anyone know if its supported or will be supported by Johns fork?
    " ;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  8. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

It's up to Asus. Until they release GPL code for it, there's nothing I can do.

9. gandolf

gandolf New Around Here

Sure hope you will get an update out for my RT-AC68U soon. Ver 382.1881 on my router and can't download any versions on your site. I want to switch from cable to optic fiber at the beginning of te new year without buying a new router.

10. Bob.Dig

Bob.Dig Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your ongoing hard work. I love this project although I only use the openvpn server of all the possibilities it offers, but it gives me a warm felling and I like the magician hat in the UI. :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  11. st3v3n

st3v3n Senior Member

Thanks for your spending your time, dedicating your skill these years, to making these particular routers perform so well and securely for all of us. Here's hoping the new years is a good one for you Eric. Cheers.

12. maxbraketorque

maxbraketorque Senior Member

I'm very impressed with your dedication to your project. Its been of great value to many people and to ASUS.

13. shooter40sw

shooter40sw Senior Member

Sad news :( My 66U has been faithful for 4 years now and no plan to change it yet, I bought this asus router when I found about your firmware, when this happens I´ll check the options probably a new router or go with johns fork (great firmware) in the meanwhile
    Thanks for the support and happy new year!

14. tigerdog

tigerdog Occasional Visitor

I'm new to the community, having just discovered this great project when hacking together a VPN. I am deeply impressed with the thoughtful improvements over ASUS' already-great code base. Please accept this n00b's thanks and appreciation for your work. Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2018!

15. sinshiva

sinshiva Very Senior Member

16. CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck Occasional Visitor

Thank you Merlin and the beta testers. Without you guys I would have to deal with Asus firmware. Have a happy New Years.

17. Ryansr

Ryansr Occasional Visitor

Thank you.

18. adrianis

adrianis New Around Here

Thank you, Eric and a Happy New Year!

Is there a chance to see this year VLAN feature implemented?

19. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

You'd have to ask Asus, implementing this on my own is out of the question.

20. JGrana

JGrana Regular Contributor

Eric, Happy New Year - I hope that 2018 is a good one for you and your family.
    Thanks for all the advice, comments, education and fine firmware!

21. Samosa

Samosa Occasional Visitor

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!