What's new

End of year 2017 development update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

>You can have all that and more with john9527's LTS RMerlin fork today.

Not really that's based on older firmware doesn't include patches from some security issues like KRACK etc (I do use it on my older RT-N66U).

I spend some time on this by following what merlin was documented on git (which is great by the way, thanks!), it also helped me figure how to enable ssh, but it did fail to compile do to some odd issue with missing ipfilter headers (they where there just named different - uppercase vs lowercase).

But anyway that's off topic for sure. I just wanted to share that it seems that ASUS keeps dropping updates for AC66U in case anyway wants to go back to stock since Merlin no longer supports it, particularly if people are interested in security updates, It seemed like this topic was fitting, since some folks including my self asked for AC66U updates in the past, sorry if that wasn't the case.

>You can have all that and more with john9527's LTS RMerlin fork today.

Not really that's based on older firmware doesn't include patches from some security issues like KRACK etc (I do use it on my older RT-N66U).
John's firmware does keep up with security (and non-security) updates, although in some cases they're not applicable because of the different code base. His firmware does also include a patch for KRACK.