What's new

End of year 2017 development update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any chance the rt-87u will still get the 384 code? I see it is in Pre-Beta. New to the forum and would like to get started. Hoping my router won't be legacy :(

Duh, of course thanks for all the hard work...glad I found this!

@RMerlin

First, thank you for your work, it's very useful for many people!

Second: Is there any chance to have (web interface) vlan support on any asus router? (I know brt-828 has offically)

Ty

Second: Is there any chance to have (web interface) vlan support on any asus router?

Not from me, would have to come from Asus.

@merlin, do you have any news about the 382 or 384 firmware release for the rt-ac66u? i've posted on asus forums but got no reply.

Thanks for everything you do for us RMerlin! I'm still running 376.49.4 on my AC66 and it does everything I need flawlessly. I'm looking for an AC68 now to replace an older Linksys E3200. Because of the cooperation between Asus and you I won't consider any other brand.

So in end of May Asus released 382 for the AC66U

Version 3.0.0.4.382.50470 - 2018/05/21

However since this is still MIPS, I assume this is still not getting updates from the 382 new branch right?

So in end of May Asus released 382 for the AC66U

Version 3.0.0.4.382.50470 - 2018/05/21

However since this is still MIPS, I assume this is still not getting updates from the 382 new branch right?

So should this be upgraded to? Or stay on the last Merlin build for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing has changed. I dropped support for the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U, and have zero intention of resuming it.

I have a question since you drop support for the RT-N66 U / RT -N66R I'M RUNNING 380.70 Does the firmware will stop working should I go back to Asus OEM firmware or what is your best advice thanks I'm so sorry for bothering you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

I have a question since you drop support for the RT-N66 U / RT -N66R I'M RUNNING 380.70 Does the firmware will stop working should I go back to Asus OEM firmware or what is your best advice thanks I'm so sorry for bothering you

380.70 will keep working forever, however you will not benefit from any future fixes/enhancements/security fixes that might become available to newer firmware releases.

Thank you for your answers very sad that's your not supporting these devices any more I understand your decisions ASUS should pay you believe me I really appreciate your help patience all I can said is thank you even if we make a small donations is not gonna pay for the fantastic amazing job you do for all of us thank you again GOD BLESS YOU and your family

Seems like asus still keeps the AC66U alive and they released more updates, also source code for `GPL of ASUS RT-AC66U for firmware 3.0.0.4.382.51634` was just released.

TBH the thing I want most is ssh on this one, the ability to run a script at boot would be nice (but it seems that might actually be possible on mount of usb).

Gonna try to build this my self form merlin's notes on github and enable SSH, obviously porting the web changes in another matter but I'll thing about it later :)

Seems like asus still keeps the AC66U alive and they released more updates, also source code for `GPL of ASUS RT-AC66U for firmware 3.0.0.4.382.51634` was just released.

TBH the thing I want most is ssh on this one, the ability to run a script at boot would be nice (but it seems that might actually be possible on mount of usb).

Gonna try to build this my self form merlin's notes on github and enable SSH, obviously porting the web changes in another matter but I'll thing about it later :)

You can have all that and more with john9527's LTS RMerlin fork today. :)

P.S. Do you realize you responded to a post from exactly a year ago? :)