What's new

EnGenius ESR9850

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a Moto Atrix and it connects just fine. My guess is the X is doing something out of speq

It happens with the Motorola X, LG Revolution, Sony Ericsson Arc, and Samsung Galaxy SL. If it's happening with that many Android devices, and none of those have issues connecting to other routers/APs, I would have to think it's the router.

EDIT: I received an email reply from Engenius. They suggested I try setting the router to B+G only. This workaround did solve the issue for me. I was able to connect to the router with my Droid X just fine, and the router did not crash or lock up or anything. Hopefully this is only a temporary workaround until a permanent solution is found.

I don't like having to disable the Wireless N feature of a Wireless-N router. I mentioned this to Engenius and they replied:

Please stay in contact with our product manager carina.tsai@engeniustech.com for updates on what our engineer’s find out about this problem.

Last edited:
9850 & 9250 Client Bridge mode

Hi All,

I have successfully setup a client bridge from my esr9850 to a engenius erb9250.

Problem comes when I leave the 9850 on and switched off my 9250 for a few hours. I am not able to get the bridge mode connection back again after switching on the 9250. There was no ip address assigned to my PC. Rebooting the PC or 9250 does not help. The only way to establish connection again is to reset the 9850.

The same happens when I leave both the 9850 and 9250 on with no activity for a few hours.

Is there something that I missed in my setup? Thanks in advance.

I don't really have any guidance for you, sorry.

Tim Higgins,
Morning, I have been playing with both of my esr9850 to understand if any dead spots can be found with different antenna orientations between the two units and to attenuate unneeded signals from other wireless within the setup channel, modes and locations.
Without the use of a analyzer and only using the Repeater Site Survey function to monitor signal strength and other wireless present, I was able to adjust for 100% signal strength for repeater/router connection and attenuate other wireless and maintain a very stable connection. I also found that the placement of the units itself, as in height and minimum distance from each other would keep you out of the dead zones of the antenna current distributions.
My best findings was when all four antennas were in the horizontal mode with ref to earth, atleast 25 feet away, then rotating one set of antennas (repeater first) around the horizontal plane to acquirer the best signal strength, and if need be change the horizontal plane position of the two router antennas a little bit but with even position placement, then repeat again with the repeater antennas for best signal strength.
Hope I was not too long-winded for you.
Merry Christmas
Hap

Thank You

Update!

I received an email from Engenius tonight with a beta firmware that fixes the Android router crashes. I upgraded to this beta firmware and it has fixed this issue for me. I can connect to my ESR9850 now with my Droid X without any issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/?badraioj146bf2e

Thank you very much Textbook for posting your problem, investing in the troubleshooting legwork, posting the solution, and linking the beta file. It's been an enormous help for me.

~ a shining example of a skilled and constructive forum community, a website among the jewels of the Net, and the fruits of the invisible hand at work. Cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!