What's new

Ensure Download Master goes through VPN and with kill switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alfort

New Around Here
I used while back a sniffer on the WAN output of my router and I am pretty sure the Download Master traffic was going through the VPN I configured on the router. I have now configured a kill switch on my VPN client with this routing rule:

DescriptionSource IPDestination IPIfaceAdd / Delete
LAN192.168.2.0/24VPN

And the kill switch works with the devices I have on the LAN. For example I disconnect the VPN client and my devices cannot connect to Internet anymore, but I see that Download Master keeps downloading files so it is not using the VPN. When I connect the VPN client again I can see how Download Master goes to 0 KBps and then starts incrementing that, which makes me think the traffic changes from no-VPN to VPN.

Please could you confirm if when the VPN is ON Download Master is definitely going via the VPN (with standard settings), if not how to configure it and also how to make the kill switch to also work for Download Master and not only for devices in the LAN.

Thanks

I used while back a sniffer on the WAN output of my router and I am pretty sure the Download Master traffic was going through the VPN I configured on the router. I have now configured a kill switch on my VPN client with this routing rule:

DescriptionSource IPDestination IPIfaceAdd / Delete

LAN192.168.2.0/24VPN

And the kill switch works with the devices I have on the LAN. For example I disconnect the VPN client and my devices cannot connect to Internet anymore, but I see that Download Master keeps downloading files so it is not using the VPN. When I connect the VPN client again I can see how Download Master goes to 0 KBps and then starts incrementing that, which makes me think the traffic changes from no-VPN to VPN.

Please could you confirm if when the VPN is ON Download Master is definitely going via the VPN (with standard settings), if not how to configure it and also how to make the kill switch to also work for Download Master and not only for devices in the LAN.

Thanks
I have just realised that in Download Master aMule does not connect to a server with the above routing rule, but Bit Torrent does, so now I don't know how to make the desired configuration: Download Master working fully with aMule and Bit Torrent, going via VPN and with kill switch

Last edited: