What's new

Entware-ng & Entware-3x merge!!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all,
I have been getting used to using basic Linux commands (trying anyway, lol)
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but after making a new script for installing Entware placed at /temp/home/root
And called entinst.sh I made it executable using chmod +x entinst.sh
When I try to run it using sh tmp/home/root/entinst.sh I am getting the following error straight away
tmp/home/root/entinst.sh: line 7: syntax error: unexpected "if" (expecting "do")
And it makes a new file called fi and that’s it :/
Any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong ?
(The script text is just copied from here and pasted into nano then I just used [cmd o] chose name.sh and then just [enter] to exit and save).
Thank you in advance, I thought I was starting to understand Linux but maybe not, lol :(

Execute this script using command "./generic.sh" if you are in the same directory of the script, otherwise use the full path, for example "/tmp/generic.sh".
P.S. That script is only for 64bit routers. Are you sure that your router supports 64bit code?

Execute this script using command "./generic.sh" if you are in the same directory of the script, otherwise use the full path, for example "/tmp/generic.sh".
P.S. That script is only for 64bit routers. Are you sure that your router supports 64bit code?
Hi, yes I have the AC86U which is 64bit.
So do I need to name the file generic.sh ? I used nano to create it (just copy from here and paste to nano) then I saved it as entinst.sh , run chmod +x on it and then tried to run it by sh /tmp/home/root/entinst.sh but that’s when it gave the error.
Does it have to be run in the same directory as where you want it installed or will it ask for where to install ?
Thanks,

I think it might be the way I’m pasting it into nano.
I’m using my iPad ATM and when it pastes into nano the spaces are changed.
I will try again on my Pc when I get back later, hopefully that’s my problem.
There always seem to be compatibility problems when using iPads and iPhones :(

I think it might be the way I’m pasting it into nano.
I’m using my iPad ATM and when it pastes into nano the spaces are changed.
I will try again on my Pc when I get back later, hopefully that’s my problem.
There always seem to be compatibility problems when using iPads and iPhones :(

Its definitely a formatting issue with how your pasting it. Regardless you shouldn't need to manually copy the script at all, merlin includes it in his firmware, just run;

Code:
sh /usr/sbin/entware-setup.sh

Its definitely a formatting issue with how your pasting it. Regardless you shouldn't need to manually copy the script at all, merlin includes it in his firmware, just run;

Code:
sh /usr/sbin/entware-setup.sh
Will that be the new combined version ?
Thanks

Will that be the new combined version ?
Thanks
Appears to be, yes. Here is the relevant snippet from my AC86U 64 bit.
Code:
if [ "$PLATFORM" == "aarch64" ]
then
   echo -e "$INFO This platform supports both 64bit and 32bit Entware installations."
   echo -e "$INFO 64bit support is recommended, but 32bit support may be required"
   echo -e "$INFO   if you are using other 32bit applications."
   echo -e "$INFO The 64bit installation is also better optimized for newer kernels."
   echo ""
   echo -en "$INPUT Do you wish to install the 64bit version? (y/n) "
  read -r choice
  case "$choice" in
   y|Y )
     echo -e "$INFO Installing the 64bit version.\n"
     PLATFORM="aarch64"
     ;;
  n|N )
     echo -e "$INFO Installing the 32bit version.\n"
     PLATFORM="armv7l"
     ;;
  * )
     echo -e "Invalid option - exiting...\n"
     exit
     ;;
  esac
fi

Appears to be, yes. Here is the relevant snippet from my AC86U 64 bit.
Code:
if [ "$PLATFORM" == "aarch64" ]
then
   echo -e "$INFO This platform supports both 64bit and 32bit Entware installations."
   echo -e "$INFO 64bit support is recommended, but 32bit support may be required"
   echo -e "$INFO   if you are using other 32bit applications."
   echo -e "$INFO The 64bit installation is also better optimized for newer kernels."
   echo ""
   echo -en "$INPUT Do you wish to install the 64bit version? (y/n) "
  read -r choice
  case "$choice" in
   y|Y )
     echo -e "$INFO Installing the 64bit version.\n"
     PLATFORM="aarch64"
     ;;
  n|N )
     echo -e "$INFO Installing the 32bit version.\n"
     PLATFORM="armv7l"
     ;;
  * )
     echo -e "Invalid option - exiting...\n"
     exit
     ;;
  esac
fi
Hi,
I installed the 64bit version and all is now running but will this be the latest version with entware3X plus Entware-ng combined into one program, it hasn’t been out long so didn’t know if Merlin had used that one in the firmware build ?
Thanks,

Hi,
I installed the 64bit version and all is now running but will this be the latest version with entware3X plus Entware-ng combined into one program, it hasn’t been out long so didn’t know if Merlin had used that one in the firmware build ?
Thanks,

Yes it is.

The latest update to Entware packages broke mosh on all routers I'm admin for (AC86U, AC68U, AC56U).

The problem seems to be that the Protocol Buffer runtime library (libprotobuf) has been updated to 3.5.1 (libprotobuf.so.15) from 3.3.0 (libprotobuf.so.13). Mosh is not updated and compiled against 3.3.0, which is not compatible with 3.5.1 (so just creating a .13 link to the .15 version did not help).

@zyxmon / @ryzhov_al: Any chance of updating mosh (server) to fix this? (Thanks!)

Details:

Code:
[libprotobuf FATAL google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:79] This program was compiled against version 3.3.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, which is not compatible with the installed version (3.5.1).  Contact the program author for an update.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "userinput.pb.cc".)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'google::protobuf::FatalException'
  what():  This program was compiled against version 3.3.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, which is not compatible with the installed version (3.5.1).  Contact the program author for an update.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "userinput.pb.cc".)
Aborted

The latest update to Entware packages broke mosh on all routers I'm admin for (AC86U, AC68U, AC56U).
I had a similar issue with the updated libboost_* libraries: They have been updated to version 1.68 but deluge is explicitly compiled against 1.67 - I could solve the problem with symbolic links for all libboost-libraries from version 1.67 to 1.68. It looks then like this example:
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root          25 Sep 16 07:56 libboost_chrono.so -> libboost_chrono.so.1.68.0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root          25 Sep 16 08:30 libboost_chrono.so.1.67.0 -> libboost_chrono.so.1.68.0
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root       22.1K Sep 10 18:21 libboost_chrono.so.1.68.0

Also rblibtorrent and libtorrent where making problems with deluge - but also this was solved by me with a re-install of them (not sure about the old/new versions).

So, I could fix the deluge issues by my self - hope my posting helps others to do the same! ;)

Last edited:
@joegreat As I already posted that did unfortunately not work for mosh, but nice that it does work for deluge and you share it for others.

Yes, this was apparently the case for mosh-server.

So I learned something new and mosh is working again :)

Yes, this was apparently the case for mosh-server.

So I learned something new and mosh is working again :)
Had the same issue with mosh-server again today with the OpenSSL 1.1.1 release.

Luckily I remembered this! (In the end...)

Last edited:
Today I have issue with monit, as I can understand, related to the OpenSSL 1.1.1 release.
Similar to the mosh-server in previous post.
Initially:
Code:
monit: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
After creating symlink libssl.so.1.0.0 -> libssl.so.1.1 it has another error
Code:
monit: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
After creating symlink libcrypto.so.1.0.0 -> libcrypto.so.1.1 it has another error
Code:
monit: symbol lookup error: monit: undefined symbol: SSL_library_init
And I have no solution for it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!