What's new

Entware-ng for arm, mipsel ....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have modified below lines:
Code:
for id in $ids ; do
    echo "Processing torrent #$id..."
    hash="$(transmission-remote --auth=$auth  --torrent $id --info | grep '^  Hash: ' | awk '{ print $2 }')"
    add_trackers $hash
done
into
Code:
for id in $ids ; do
    echo "Processing torrent #$id..."
   #below is the new line in order to have info in System Log - General Log
    logger -t "$0" "Script run for torrent id "$id""
    hash="$(transmission-remote --auth=$auth  --torrent $id --info | grep '^  Hash: ' | awk '{ print $2 }')"
    add_trackers $hash
done
in order to have info in System Log - General Log.

BR.

Hi... did an entware upgrade today, of which one of the packages was syslog-ng. So now after re-starting syslog-ng i get a couple of kernel messages.
Code:
Apr 29 14:50:29 RT-AC68U-4690 syslog-ng[18785]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.9.1'
Apr 29 14:50:29 RT-AC68U-4690 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error: ext2_lookup: deleted inode referenced: 204783
Apr 29 14:50:29 RT-AC68U-4690 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error: ext2_lookup: deleted inode referenced: 204783
Apr 29 14:50:29 RT-AC68U-4690 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error: ext2_lookup: deleted inode referenced: 202803

anyone else experience this, and any quick fix?... in other respects the updated syslog-ng is working fine.

Thanks

Hi... did an entware upgrade today, of which one of the packages was syslog-ng. So now after re-starting syslog-ng i get a couple of kernel messages.
Code:
Apr 29 14:50:29 RT-AC68U-4690 syslog-ng[18785]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.9.1'
Apr 29 14:50:29 RT-AC68U-4690 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error: ext2_lookup: deleted inode referenced: 202803

anyone else experience this, and any quick fix?... in other respects the updated syslog-ng is working fine.

Thanks

It's not related to syslog-ng. seems your USB stick is slightly corrupted.

The easiest way to fix it:
1) uncomment the rc.unslung line in your user scripts that launch entware-ng.
2) reboot your router
3) use the scan disk feature on networkmap page (it'll scan and automatically fix any disk error)
4) restore the rc.unslung line in your user scripts and reboot.

It's not related to syslog-ng. seems your USB stick is slightly corrupted.

The easiest way to fix it:
1) uncomment the rc.unslung line in your user scripts that launch entware-ng.
2) reboot your router
3) use the scan disk feature on networkmap page (it'll scan and automatically fix any disk error)
4) restore the rc.unslung line in your user scripts and reboot.
Thanks @kvic....good to hear its nothing to do with syslog-ng... i plugged the stick into a mac running a linux distribution and checked the partitions with gparted. Looks ok on boot in the router now. I could never seem to get the stick to unmount properly when its in the router....i tried stopping all the entware scripts and disabling absolution, but the scan disk would still say its in use. Will try the disable and reboot method next time i want to try a scan

Thanks @kvic....good to hear its nothing to do with syslog-ng... i plugged the stick into a mac running a linux distribution and checked the partitions with gparted. Looks ok on boot in the router now. I could never seem to get the stick to unmount properly when its in the router....i tried stopping all the entware scripts and disabling absolution, but the scan disk would still say its in use. Will try the disable and reboot method next time i want to try a scan
I just move the scripts in jffs away from the folders and reboot to do that.
Then do the scan, move the scripts back and reboot again.
Simplest way in my opinion.

I just move the scripts in jffs away from the folders and reboot to do that.
Then do the scan, move the scripts back and reboot again.
Simplest way in my opinion.
good tip thanks @thelonelycoder... i assume toggling the "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" radio button and rebooting would have the same effect?

good tip thanks @thelonelycoder... i assume toggling the "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" radio button and rebooting would have the same effect?
That would delete them, I believe.

That would delete them, I believe.
oh really?.... not the worlds smartest idea then :D ... i thought that only happened if you selected to format at next boot.... that would be embarrassing without a backup

oh really?.... not the worlds smartest idea then :D ... i thought that only happened if you selected to format at next boot.... that would be embarrassing without a backup
I was wrong, works on 380.66 (only one tested). Still, better save than sorry:
Code:
Aug  1 02:00:28 custom script: Found post-mount, but custom script execution is disabled!
And the scripts remain.

Follow-up from post #100: shadowsocks-libev bump to version 3.0.6 coming to upstream openwrt soon. Hopefully we'll get our hands on it soon when entware-ng is sync'd afterwards.

Changelist here :)

ss-server is missing on the latest entware build of shadowsocks-libev :(

Code:
admin@RT-AC66R-D700:/tmp/home/root# ls (minus)l /opt/bin/ss-*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root        159476 May 30 10:25 /opt/bin/ss-redir
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root          4871 May 30 10:25 /opt/bin/ss-rules
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root        150340 May 30 10:25 /opt/bin/ss-tunnel

Was there a build failure?
The complete list should have more ss-* files:
Code:
ss-local
ss-manager
ss-nat
ss-redir
ss-server
ss-tunnel

@zyxmon or @ryzhov_al or anyone can help?

It looks like the recent Transmission update introduced a memory leak (or better high usage) as outlined here - with a confirmed fix.

I am trying to refresh the torrents on my router (mainly Linux distributions) where Transmission is eating up all of my swap file (even a 1 GB sized one) and then crashes bcs. of out of memory:
Dec 20 11:14:35 kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 4564 (transmission-da) score 869 or sacrifice child
Dec 20 11:14:35 kernel: Killed process 4564 (transmission-da) total-vm:1906004kB, anon-rss:147792kB, file-rss:124kB
Even limiting Transmission to 1 download torrent does not help.

Is there a chance to re-build Transmission for Entware-ng with the latest bug-fix?

Discussion about this topic continues here!

Last edited:
Hi,
Could you please detail?

Thanks!

ca-certificates is a package:
Code:
# opkg list | grep ca-certificates
ca-certificates - 20180409-3 - System CA certificates

To install, execute
Code:
opkg install ca-certificates

in a terminal while connected through SSH with your router.

ca-certificates is a package:
Code:
# opkg list | grep ca-certificates
ca-certificates - 20180409-3 - System CA certificates

To install, execute
Code:
opkg install ca-certificates

in a terminal while connected through SSH with your router.
Thanks for fast reply.
And after this please, what would be this line? Before, with http I had:
Code:
announce_list=`wget -qO - ${base_url}/${torrent_hash} | grep -Eo "${pattern}"`
After, for https with input from here #97, I changed into
Code:
announce_list=`wget --no-check-certificate -qO - ${base_url}/${torrent_hash} | grep -Eo "${pattern}"`
Thanks again!

add_trackers.sh is not working any more in my case. Could you please share yours if it still works?

Thank you!

Hi,

I found something on Wiki, I had to modify it like below, but it seems to add only one tracker.
If you would like to test this and share your results. Or any idea to add more trackers, not only one, even making working https://torrentz2.eu
Source: https://github.com/Entware/Entware/wiki/Using-Transmission
Code:
#!/bin/sh
TRANSMISSION_REMOTE='/opt/bin/transmission-remote'
AUTH='username:password'
ID="$TRANSMISSION_REMOTE --auth=$AUTH --list"
IDLIST="/tmp/id.list"
TRACKERLIST="/tmp/trackers.list"
TRACKERS="curl -# https://newtrackon.com/api/stable -o $TRACKERLIST"

get_trackerlist () {
   $TRACKERS; sed -i '/^$/d' $TRACKERLIST; if [ ! -f $TRACKERLIST ]; then get_trackerlist; fi
}

add_trackers () {
   cat $TRACKERLIST | while read TRACKER; do $TRANSMISSION_REMOTE --auth=$AUTH --torrent $TORRENT --tracker-add $TRACKER; logger -t "added $TRACKER"; done
}

check_name () {
   logger -t "Updated $($TRANSMISSION_REMOTE --auth=$AUTH --torrent $TORRENT --info | grep Name | awk '{ print $2 }') with $(cat $TRACKERLIST | wc -l) additional trackers."
}

id_torrent () {
   $ID | grep -vE 'Seeding|Stopped' | sed -e '1d;$d;s/^ *//' | cut --only-delimited --delimiter=' ' --fields=1 | grep -oE '[0-9]{1,3}'> $IDLIST
   for TORRENT in $(cat $IDLIST); do add_trackers $TORRENT; check_name $TORRENT; done
}

cleanup () {
   rm $TRACKERLIST; if [ -f $TRACKERLIST ]; then cleanup; fi; rm $IDLIST; if [ -f $IDLIST ]; then cleanup; fi
}

get_trackerlist
id_torrent
cleanup

Modified this:
Code:
cut --only-delimited --delimiter=' ' --fields=1
to this (inspired by this https://community.wd.com/t/guide-auto-removal-of-downloads-from-transmission-2-82/93156/10)
Code:
cut -s -d " " -f 1
Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!