What's new

ER-X Load Balance Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DocUmibozu

Regular Contributor
Hello,
at home I have an fttc 60/20 mb connection that is stable and reliable.
My ISP recently gave me a free LTE SIM with unlimited data cap and with it I can obtain a 100/30 mb connection after dinner and in the weekends (when internet is used the most at my home).
I decided to try load balance and a friend of mine offered to give me an edgerouter ER-X to try.
Now I use an asus router with merlin firmware, on which I run an OpenVPN server that needs to be online on the most stable connection (the fttc one).
I'd like to put the ER-X between the ISP modems and the Asus-Merlin, which will continue to serve my lan.
I'm a novice on ER-X and, before embarking on the journey of configuring it, I've a question to this group gurus: it's possibile to instruct the ER-X to forward the Openvpn listening port (1197 in my case) to only the fttc lan so to block access to the LTE connection?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it runs for an os but, you should be able to put a static route with the port or an iptables entry for traffic destined and from that port.

Read Additional Load-Balancing Options, Sticky... source-addr, source-port, proto.

hi here @Shibby was working at load balance and provided same example where it was not working correctly and how to fix it
it is translation from Polish https://openlinksys-info.translate....l=auto&_x_tr_tl=pl&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=wapp but looks OK.
if you will find challenge with Ubiquity configuration you can ask here https://openlinksys.info/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=92 even using English :) there is for example nice guide how to remove Orange FunBox and have internet, TV and VoD working with EdgeRouter.