What's new

(Error - check configuration).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jgafa10

Occasional Visitor
Hi I'm attempting to step up an OpenVPN Asuswrt-Merlin firmware but I'm having trouble Service State keep getting this error msg (Error - check configuration). Under Keys and Certificates i copied and pasted the Ipvanish certificate in certificate authority. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions. See Attachments

Thank you

Attachments

• network error.png
    network error.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 76
Check the System Log, find the error message, change what it complaints about, try again.

Your problem is in configuration settings no longer supported by the new OpenVPN versions. The error is in vpnclient log messages.

Hi I'm attempting to step up an OpenVPN Asuswrt-Merlin firmware but I'm having trouble Service State keep getting this error msg (Error - check configuration). Under Keys and Certificates i copied and pasted the Ipvanish certificate in certificate authority. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions. See Attachments

Thank you

Can somone help me? I'm trying to create a OpenVPN Tunnel and then I can choose which devices I want to go thought the VPN or bypass the VPN but can't seem to configure the open client to the internet. I'm having trouble Service State keep getting this error msg (Error - check configuration). I had done this a while back but lost all the setting when I had to upgrade the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. Is there a way I can attach the system log, and someone can tell me what I need to to fix this error.

I would really appreciate you help.
Thank you

I can attach the system log
then do that.

the message is telling you something is missing. check all of the fields and try again until it works. it's really not that difficult. follow the breadcrumbs and it will eventually work.

Here is the system log in notpad. Let me know if you can read it or not.

Attachments

• ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - General Log.txt
    151.8 KB · Views: 48
Code:
May 22 16:38:14 ovpn-client1[5773]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:30: keysize (2.6.3)

Remove the keysize line in the VPN client's "Custom Configuration" area.

Colin how do i remove the keysize line? Is it in the state service? Please explain more details. In steps pleaase?

Code:
May 22 16:38:14 ovpn-client1[5773]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:30: keysize (2.6.3)

Remove the keysize line in the VPN client's "Custom Configuration" area.
Colin went to the system log clicked control -f in the find I entered the ovpn-client 5773 it gave the screen shot I i'm sending.

What I'm I removing the 5773 or keysize 2.6.3. I'm I removing it from the system long? I'm confused.

Attachments

• system log.png
    system log.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 77
I'm I removing it from the system long?

From VPN configuration. It has to be in Custom Configuration field.

See this related thread, it has screenshots attached for your reference:

I'm confused.
Maybe you shouldn't use a VPN?
I feel like you don't need it at all.
PS: It's about the VPN configuration, possibly the ovpn file you load.

Colin went to the system log clicked control -f in the find I entered the ovpn-client 5773 it gave the screen shot I i'm sending.

What I'm I removing the 5773 or keysize 2.6.3. I'm I removing it from the system long? I'm confused.
Hi Colin

I'm sorry to bother you I believe I have to remove the numbers 2.6.3 keysize (2.6.3) but where do I go to remove it.

There are 4 in the system Log. I cleared the log so i have this Log now See attachment.

May 23 11:46:10 ovpn-client1[16428]: WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.
May 23 11:46:10 ovpn-client1[16428]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:30: keysize (2.6.3)
May 23 11:46:10 ovpn-client1[16428]: Use --help for more information.

Thank you.

Attachments

• system log.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 30