What's new

[Experimental] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 test - AiMesh/DNSSEC through OpenSSL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my setup (86u+68u as node) not remember qos settings, always back to custom (i set to media streaming).

QoS settings reverted back to default is an old, documented bug that affects the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U. Asus are aware of it, it should finally be fixed in their next release.

Yes sorry for spreading unproductive negativity here i know, but when i made another thread some1 deleted it. Why?

Threads are very rarely deleted on the forums. If they are, it's usually because they are discussing illegal topics, such as running Asuswrt-Merlin on a non-Asus router for example. Or, your thread was simply awaiting moderation because it contained a keyword that triggered the spam filter - one of the mods usually releases these sometime during the day.

Threads are very rarely deleted on the forums. If they are, it's usually because they are discussing illegal topics, such as running Asuswrt-Merlin on a non-Asus router for example. Or, your thread was simply awaiting moderation because it contained a keyword that triggered the spam filter - one of the mods
Posts are also deleted or moved if the same or similar post is made multiple times, as was the case in this instance.

So i wrote here first then some1 told me to make my own thread and when i did your saying right now its duplicate to what i wrote here and deleted it and i was wondering where it gone. In this case its against logic in my opinion and considering Rmerlin response his too xd . Even Merlin said to make my own thread and when i did it got deleted becouse it asks the same question as i asked here so its against his logic too.

Maybe your own thread was mis-deleted. No matter... start another one and we'll try to help you there. If you are just trying to upgrade the firmware, this is best done by using the firmware upgrade facility within the router webUI.

(Apologies, RMerlin.)

OE

For a reason not shown in logs my AC68U AiMesh node for some reason causes my network to go down. I could be just streaming a video when I notice the stream has stopped, it leaves my main router un-accessible and kills my internet connection. If I reboot the node by unplugging the power this solves the problem, and restores network access to the main router (AX88U), without ever touching it, that's why I know its the node that is causing the problem. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this expected behavior?

For a reason not shown in logs my AC68U AiMesh node for some reason causes my network to go down. I could be just streaming a video when I notice the stream has stopped, it leaves my main router un-accessible and kills my internet connection. If I reboot the node by unplugging the power this solves the problem, and restores network access to the main router (AX88U), without ever touching it, that's why I know its the node that is causing the problem. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this expected behavior?

Its know.
If the node goes flaky or losses connection it goes nuts and messes with the primary router.
Most noticeable if you happen to need to reboot the primary router for some reason.

Annoying bug but one that doesn't happen often and Asus is aware of the issues so it should be fixed soon.

I had this issue when I woke up this morning. I had rolled my AP (on .12 and before firmware) to Asus stock firmware but I realized I forgot to raytheon reset the router. I did a full factory reset on it, and reconnected it as a mesh router from my 86U and all seems well after a few hours.

So i wrote here first then some1 told me to make my own thread and when i did your saying right now its duplicate to what i wrote here and deleted it and i was wondering where it gone. In this case its against logic in my opinion and considering Rmerlin response his too xd . Even Merlin said to make my own thread and when i did it got deleted becouse it asks the same question as i asked here so its against his logic too.

Was probably just a mistake, the forum mod wasn't aware that the correct place for the post to be made was in a separate thread rather than in this current thread, so the wrong one was deleted. With the large number of posts being made some days, it can happen.

Was probably just a mistake, the forum mod wasn't aware that the correct place for the post to be made was in a separate thread rather than in this current thread, so the wrong one was deleted. With the large number of posts being made some days, it can happen.

Yes sorry for messing here ill remove all my posts here becouse discussion went into another thread.

Its know.
If the node goes flaky or losses connection it goes nuts and messes with the primary router.
Most noticeable if you happen to need to reboot the primary router for some reason.

Annoying bug but one that doesn't happen often and Asus is aware of the issues so it should be fixed soon.
Gotcha thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!