What's new

Exposing VLAN 1 on WAN interface ASUS AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royger

New Around Here
Hello,

I would like to expose a VLAN in the WAN port, so that it can be mapped to the internal router LAN. I have a PLC between the ONT and my router and I would like to be able to connect other devices there into my internal LAN provided they are setup to use the right VLAN.

So far I have managed to do the following, which is to expose the internal LAN on the WAN port as VLAN 1 (I added port 0 as tagged to vlan1):

# robocfg show
Switch: enabled
Port 0: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: XX
Port 1: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: XX
Port 2: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: XX
Port 3: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: XX
Port 4: 100FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: XX
Port 5: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: XX
Port 7: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: XX
Port 8: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: XX
VLANs: BCM5301x enabled mac_check mac_hash
1: vlan1: 0t 1 2 3 4 5t
2: vlan2: 0 5
20: vlan20: 0t 5t

Note VLAN 20 is the one used by my internet provider, and should also be exposed on the WAN port for the ONT.

I've added port 0 (WAN port) to vlan1 and that seems to mostly work fine: I can configure devices on the WAN port to use VLAN 1 and they seem to be able to access the internal LAN (get an address from the DHCP server and ping other boxes on the LAN). They however don't seem to be able to reach the WAN, I've checked and the gateway is correct (DNS resolution works which is handled by the router).

I assume there's something I'm missing regarding NAT, but I have no idea where to look for. Or maybe I should create a different VLAN instead of exposing vlan1 directly on the WAN port?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Roger.