What's new

[Feature Request] Save/restore config of hostes in DHCP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AitschPi

Occasional Visitor
On the config page I can add hosts with fixed addresses line by line. How about to add an way to export and import a file of host data (IP/MAC/hostname) as CSV or other format in GUI LAN/DHCP. A new configuration of an existing LAN would be quite easier compared to a rebuild by editing line by line.

Lots of solutions here. Adding the ability to the webgui would involve using the shell anyway so you might as well just do it manually.

On the config page I can add hosts with fixed addresses line by line. How about to add an way to export and import a file of host data (IP/MAC/hostname) as CSV or other format in GUI LAN/DHCP. A new configuration of an existing LAN would be quite easier compared to a rebuild by editing line by line.
I also explain the how-to back-up DHCP static leases in the firmware upgrade guide on my blog post https://x3mtek.com/asuswrt-merlin-firmware-upgrade/. See the section Backing-up nvram values.

Also listed in the guide is an alternative method to store DHCP static leases inside of /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add. This helps cut down on nvram memory usage and the limitation of 2999 characters in the dhcp_staticlist nvram variable.

I use the above technique on one site I support. I first entered the information into an excel file, saved in text format, then copied the contents to jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add. For me, I found it much easier to maintain the dhcp static list this was when compared to using the Web GUI.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!