What's new

Scribe Feature to support AiMesh node(s) log?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Client
  1. Install Merlin
  2. ssh to client (you can find the IP from AiMesh info on the main router web UI)
  3. Enable scripts: nvram set jffs2_scripts="1"
  4. (Optional) Change hostname: nvram set lan_hostname="hostname"
  5. nvram commit
  6. Create services-start (see below)
  7. chmod +x /jffs/scripts/services-start
  8. reboot

I'm using some "Lyra Mini's" as AIMESH nodes, with AIMESH 2.0 beta FW

They don't support Merlin, so I can't use the above, for the client configuration. But if you remove uiScribe temporary on the primary router, and use the default "System Log" interface, you can enter a Remote Syslog server on that page. (Use the primary routers IP address here) This Syslog server is automatically applied to the AIMeshnodes, and they will start to send log files to the primary router.

I don't know if this configures the primary router to send to itself, but I don't think so. At least I can't see any trace of such logging in my syslogs.
I'm using syslog_ng filters on the default AIMesh node "Hostname", to sort the logs, and a "rewrite" filter to "pretty" up the name, but I see that I instead can just change the AIMesh name, and filter on that insted, thanks for that!

EDIT: I still need to append a suffix to the host name, in my syslog-ng filter to catch the messages, even though I change the node hostname. Oh well, it works just as fine.

Last edited:
This would be super awesome if this was included I don't trust myself enough to set this up but I would love to know if one of the nodes is erroring out I have been having issues with an old node disassociating a ton of clients.