What's new

scMerlin Feedback wanted on potential feature for v2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

well blow me down. i may have made it work with a 2 line css trick that I didn't find before. option uf, give it a go!
You did it! ;)

1603832890371.png

clickable table headers for sorting is up next. progress is going well
LOL, that would have been my next request. At this rate, the need to login to the CLI keeps going down ;-)
Are you going to add buttons for some of the other CLI restart commands?

LOL, that would have been my next request. At this rate, the need to login to the CLI keeps going down ;-)
Are you going to add buttons for some of the other CLI restart commands?
sortable headers are up on develop. i know the VSZ needs tweaking to match "126m" as higher than "126" as its a numerical support. should be easy enough to match m in the column and chuck some 0s into the comparison function.

yes, intending to add some service restart buttons (that make sense to be in the webui, obviously restarting httpd from the webui is a bit odd!)

@Jack Yaz do you plan to do tool tips on the headers so users can hover over VSZ or VSZ% and know what they pertain/relate to?

Awesome - fully enjoy webui ... update automatically "tick" on / off may not be working as intended.
Seems to dis-engage ... but will only reengage with browser refresh after restoring the tick?

Would like an On / Off button to disengage activity so it can be stopped in the background when not needed.

Awesome - fully enjoy webui ... update automatically "tick" on / off may not be working as intended.
Seems to dis-engage ... but will only reengage with browser refresh after restoring the tick?

Would like an On / Off button to disengage activity so it can be stopped in the background when not needed.
Good spot, i haven't hooked an event to the checkbox to start the refreshing

Last time i dabbled with that (UiDivStats) it proved frustrating when keeping columns aligned

Weird how sometimes form is more difficult to satisfy than function, isn't it?

This is a stellar addition to SCMerlin! Literally the *only* thing that could make it look nicer would be capitalizing the title on the tab and the top of the page. I am a clumsy, disorganized and sometimes downright sloppy guy, but for some reason, all lower case punches me right in the...OCDs.

Good spot, i haven't hooked an event to the checkbox to start the refreshing
Definitely need a way to ""turn off" the monitoring activity. Right now - taking the "tick" off the auto update works only while the webui Tab "scmerlin" is open. Navigate elsewhere and return to the scmerlin tab ... and the "tick" is back on autoupdate with monitoring active and consuming resources.

I don't see the point in monitoring in the background - should only be active while the scmerlin tab is open and the tick is in place for autoupdate.

Definitely need a way to ""turn off" the monitoring activity. Right now - taking the "tick" off the auto update works only while the webui Tab "scmerlin" is open. Navigate elsewhere and return to the scmerlin tab ... and the "tick" is back on autoupdate with monitoring active and consuming resources.

I don't see the point in monitoring in the background - should only be active while the scmerlin tab is open and the tick is in place for autoupdate.
the underlying top output uses next to no resources. while i could come up with something that would somehow send a signal from the webui to the underlying filesystem for the cron job to just exit instead of running and parsing top, it would not be worth the effort. watch top and filter for tailtop :)

the underlying top output uses next to no resources. while i could come up with something that would somehow send a signal from the webui to the underlying filesystem for the cron job to just exit instead of running and parsing top, it would not be worth the effort. watch top and filter for tailtop :)

OK - but then can you make taking the tick off autoupdate at least "stick" until a user turns it on again? - even after exiting webui and returning later? that would do it for me and my OCD of stopping background apps running when they not needed ;)

OK - but then can you make taking the tick off autoupdate at least "stick" until a user turns it on again? - even after exiting webui and returning later? that would do it for me and my OCD of stopping background apps running when they not needed ;)
I could make it store a cookie that remembers the setting, yes. But to play devil's advocate, this could cause a bad experience for users who turn off autorefresh and then will have to turn it on the next time they visit the page. I often turn off autorefresh on things to check something specific and then navigate away without turning it back on. Thst could just be be.

I'm happy for feedback from other users on this decision :)

@kernol, I don't think anything needs to be changed. :)

@Jack Yaz I like how it is implemented now. Makes sense to me. @kernol, unclick it, and don't navigate back to the page, done! :)

@kernol, I don't think anything needs to be changed. :)

@Jack Yaz I like how it is implemented now. Makes sense to me. @kernol, unclick it, and don't navigate back to the page, done! :)

@L&LD - your suggestion does not work - even if you take the tick off auto-update ... top / tailtop continues running in the background consuming resources [albeit a small amount]. The tick simple keeps a 3 second table refresh going - without disturbing the app from actually running.

I imagine those of you in the game of providing IT services will be flitting across to this webui page quite often - but I guess most end-users will seldom need to go there [unless really bored while in lock-down somewhere ;) ... or actually having a problem to identify and fix]. In the problem case - using htop from scmerlin menu under amtm is far more useful because you can kill offending processes from there.

Even if I manually kill the "top" process ... it fires up again automagically. Persistent little sucker :)!
I'm :cool: with whatever @Jack Yaz wants to do ... just responded to appeal for suggestions ...and that was my 2 cents worth :D.

I could make it store a cookie that remembers the setting, yes. But to play devil's advocate, this could cause a bad experience for users who turn off autorefresh and then will have to turn it on the next time they visit the page. I often turn off autorefresh on things to check something specific and then navigate away without turning it back on. Thst could just be be.

I'm happy for feedback from other users on this decision :)
I love where you have gone with this. I believe it serves its purpose well. I only await for your next biggest idea or future improvements for testing. The line of thought is, what will jack come up with next? Great work jack.

I have to admit. This looks really, really good! Awesome work as always!!!

The latest scmerlin Web does look great! Like the Restart tabs.
One idea - just a thought.
As you said before, the Memory and Internal Storage are very similar to Merlins Tool page.
I'm a graphical kind of person. How about Pie charts for both? A picture tells a 1000 words ;-)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!