What's new

scMerlin Feedback wanted on potential feature for v2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm looking for feedback on a feature I'm working on for v2, which is currently available on the develop branch. Users with scmerlin installed can test this by running
Code:
scmerlin develop
then option u or uf.
First off Jack, this is phenomenal. There is no limit to your dev skills. The feedback I have is, great choice; if it is not too ambitious, I hope this can at some point be expanded to editable processes( kill wise). Maybe some expandable/ collapsable tables to show which processes over time use the most cpu or memory.

Mate, that is very nice!
My local Diversion branch has a similar feature for the Dnsmasq log.

- Uninstall does not remove scmerlin.d and it's containing services.
- Misses a way to disable the WebUI

Great stuff! :) Only thing is that amtm does not recognizes v2 and offers to downgrade it to 1.1.3 when you check for upgrades from amtm

Great stuff! :) Only thing is that amtm does not recognizes v2 and offers to downgrade it to 1.1.3 when you check for upgrades from amtm
It's a development branch, I see no reason that amtm ought to be aware of it.

- Uninstall does not remove scmerlin.d and it's containing services.
- Misses a way to disable the WebUI
yup, both on the to-do. didn't want to spend more time than I had if people didn't see the need for it. given the reaction seems to be positive, I'll start fleshing out the startup routines as well as the uninstall mechanisms. I'll have a think on whether to have a toggle to enable/disable the webui, as I'm intending to put some more things in there

WebUI looks good. Maybe add output of free command?

uiDivStats has a query log section which parses dnsmasq.log into a tabular format and lets you filter for blocked domains etc. which sounds like what you're referring to? Long day at work, I might be being dumb
No worries, we're both fine :)

I felt like the cool kids were having fun without me so I had to try it out as well. Peer pressure strikes again! Great work @Jack Yaz. My one item would be to make the top row/header freeze so when a user scrolls up and down they know what each row is. Otherwise they have to go to the top and back down.

I felt like the cool kids were having fun without me so I had to try it out as well. Peer pressure strikes again! Great work @Jack Yaz. My one item would be to make the top row/header freeze so when a user scrolls up and down they know what each row is. Otherwise they have to go to the top and back down.
Last time i dabbled with that (UiDivStats) it proved frustrating when keeping columns aligned

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!