What's new

Firmware .108 What are you finding?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I tested using your example and here is my result.

Is this the same as what you see in the log?

Attachments

• forward.JPG
    forward.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 563
I tested using your example and here is my result.

Is this the same as what you see in the log?

I have ports being forwarded in the log but it's not the ones i created. I'll attach my log and my port forwarding list *note i changed my lan to 0.1 instead of 1.1*

Last edited:
ALL,

Update: I reflashed the firmware. Restored to default and manually put in my settings. I can now report:

1 - Download speed from USB connected 2 TB HD is fastest its ever been 82 mbps (9.8 mbs) dling a 1 mb file to laptop.

2 - Just streamed a ripped Blue Ray move from HD on USB to my laptop 1 floor down, flawless!

3 - IPV6 as before verified working perfectly

4 - DHCP reservation working perfectly

5 - No sign of lost SSID bug so far, will keep an eye on it

I am very please now! WHEW........

CC

Greetings CC,

I just pulled the trigger on the RT-N66U model. Been keeping an eye on this model's firmware update posts and the tomato firmware updates on this forum. Glad to hear that the latest asus firmware is working perfectly for you (at the time of your posting). It's been almost a month since you posted this, so I'm just writing to ask if it's still running smoothly and keeping you very pleased? If so, by any chance could you post a guide of sorts for newbies such as myself new to this router on setting it up and writing down what all the recommended settings for each option in the router, etc?

I would appreciate some help in this area in my first time setting up this router. I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail which should be sometime later next week because this weekend is easter weekend so I think the store I ordered from will be shipping it out on Monday.

Once again, glad to hear from this posting of yours that you got this firmware version (.108) working perfectly at this time and I hope that it's still running good as I've already downloaded this version so that it's ready to flash onto the router when it arrives. I also hope you are kind enough to help all the newbies out by posting a guide like I mentioned earlier!

Cheers,
Morden

Any idea what changes,additions,updates,etc are on this one? Is there a changelog for betas online by any chance? Thanks for the beta firmware posting by the way :)

Cheers,
Morden

Sorry i don`t have any changelog.

First post, hi all.

So I tried all available OFWs on the rt66n. Many problems with the Gui, icons and menus disappearing, apply-boxes not working and so on.
The only good thing is the WiFi performance.
Tomato by shibby at least made everything work as expected, so there can't be a router HW issue.
The only drawback is the fact that alternative firmware obviously does not use the new Ai radar function, so WiFi performance goes down by about 15-20%.

Asus RT-66n in a nutshell: excellent hardware, crappy software.

First post, hi all.

So I tried all available OFWs on the rt66n. Many problems with the Gui, icons and menus disappearing, apply-boxes not working and so on.
The only good thing is the WiFi performance.
Tomato by shibby at least made everything work as expected, so there can't be a router HW issue.
The only drawback is the fact that alternative firmware obviously does not use the new Ai radar function, so WiFi performance goes down by about 15-20%.

Asus RT-66n in a nutshell: excellent hardware, crappy software.

Same thing as the rt-n56u. It took a third-party to come along and fix the bugs and generally make the router work to it's potential, Asus didn't seem up to it. There's even more being added soon, sounds like a new kernel will allow IPv6 support and guest network support on the rt-n56u. On the other hand, I understand that they started with the manufacturer's firmware, and fixed and added onto it. If a third-party did this for the rt-n66u, we'd get the full wireless strength and speed, etc. and a more solid GUI.

I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be that big a difference in signal strength between Tomato and the Asus. Sometime when I switch between them, it looks the same. But it's hard to test that because just slightly moving things changes the signal for me.

I have that rt-n56u also, but my problem with the custom firmware for that was the Russian firmware maker removing QOS. Which is the very reason I have the rt-n66u now. It makes his firmware worthless to me now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!