What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mar Vi

Occasional Visitor
Hey all,

I am new to this forum as well as using the merlin firmware. When I uploaded the firmware to use on my RT-AC68U router, it worked with no issues. I love the additional settings. However, when launching my Uplay game client, as well as some other programs, they would not launch. I went back to stock firmware and the Uplay client works as normal.

Is there a setting in the merlin firmware (webgui) that I can enable or disable to have my programs work? I'd like to use the merlin firmware more.

Thanks.

Hey all,

I am new to this forum as well as using the merlin firmware. When I uploaded the firmware to use on my RT-AC68U router, it worked with no issues. I love the additional settings. However, when launching my Uplay game client, as well as some other programs, they would not launch. I went back to stock firmware and the Uplay client works as normal.

Is there a setting in the merlin firmware (webgui) that I can enable or disable to have my programs work? I'd like to use the merlin firmware more.

Thanks.

What was your previous firmware and version? Did you do a full reset to factory defaults after flashing the 384.11_2 version (see my signature for the M&M Config guide below)?

What features and options did you enable or change past the above factory defaults?

What other programs don't launch?

What was your previous firmware and version? Did you do a full reset to factory defaults after flashing the 384.11_2 version (see my signature for the M&M Config guide below)?

What features and options did you enable or change past the above factory defaults?

What other programs don't launch?
Hey L&LD, thanks for the reply. And no, I didn't factory reset. I feel bad cuz that should be one of the first things to do when flashing new firmware. I was using firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_45708.

The other program that didn't launch was a chatbot (streamlabs chatbot).

Steam/Origin/Epic Launchers ran fine.

just installed 38411.2 , no problems so far , install went without a hitch , manual reboot and all works a expected no strangeness in the GI or logs was on 384 11.0 release before upgrade . Thanks again Merlin and all that put in the work on the FW , MUCH APPRECIATED !

For UPlay, are you getting "A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable" and gives a login prompt? That's what I'm getting at the moment. Been awhile since I tried to use it.

For UPlay, are you getting "A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable" and gives a login prompt? That's what I'm getting at the moment. Been awhile since I tried to use it.
That is exactly what I was getting.

I am going to upload the merlin firmware again and do what L&LD suggested. I can't do it now since other people are using their devices. Hopefully, it will work

Alright, I did a restore to factory defaults. Now it's time to found out what setting kills the uplay launcher (it logs in now).

Well, my settings are back how they were and it seems to still work. BTW, I did do a factory restore after putting on 384.11 initially. So.. I dunno. I did get a different WAN IP during this so who knows.

Last edited:
Alright, I did a restore to factory defaults. Now it's time to found out what setting kills the uplay launcher (it logs in now).

Well, my settings are back how they were and it seems to still work. BTW, I did do a factory restore after putting on 384.11 initially. So.. I dunno. I did get a different WAN IP during this so who knows.
Sort of similar to when you're updating a system bios. The settings that were part of the previous firmware version would not work well with a newer version. In some way, the new firmware was blocking connection to some programs. I am not going to dig too deep to find out why. I am just happy that Uplay works. Good luck!