What's new

Firmware Update for AX86U (8-31-2021)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The 4th update after reset did it. All working fine now.

The 4th update after reset did it. All working fine now.

Not sure what that means....did you try flash 3 times, then decide to reset, and flash again? And now everything's fine? I'm using this firmware version, and all seems good. But we're going to have house sitters here on Thursday and Friday, and they'll need to work from our home, with Zoom meeetings and all. So I'm a little uneasy about leaving this firmware version running when I go. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to revert to previous firmware on the 86U, or put the good old reliable ZenWiFi AX back in service, or just leave the 86U as it is.

Funny story, I was using this firmware last night after flashing it (and resetting) about 1/2 hour earlier. So I'm on a banking web site, can't get to the function I needed on the site, looked like the internet wasn't working. Look up at the router, internet light is red. Look at the fiber gateway, and it's green. So, with my itchy trigger finger, flashed the previous firmware, and as that flash was processing, the lights on the fiber gateway went wonky. Waited a while on that one, and the fiber gateway settled down again, so I immediately flashed this firmware again, reset, and reconfigured *smile*. No problems since, but AT&T fiber never goes down, like the last time was probably a year ago in some kind of storm. So AT&T picked just the right moment to screw me up *smile*, or I'm too quick to react, or both. Anyways, kind of amusing looking back on it.

Last edited:
Just factory reset my RT-AX86U. All good but now having persistent trouble with Let's Encrypt not working.
Stuck in Authorizing.. never had that before. The Asus DDNS works but not https:// access of course.
Darn.

UPDATE: Called Asus, said they have an issue with Let's Encrypt on the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386.45375
Said to downgrade to ....44130 what I did and immediately Let's Encrypt Status changed to: Active
Wondering if that only happened because I started with a clean configuration after clearing out the NVRAM??

Later upgraded to latest firmware again and all good now just tons of "log spam" on this release...

Screenshot 2021-09-22 130435.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!