What's new

Flash default Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wwallace_

New Around Here
Hello there

I recently got a AC88u, but even when reseting it, a chinese FW is the default one.
Even when flashing to Merlini or Asus, it keeps going back to it.

Theres an option below Adaptive Qos, which is for "improved lastest consoles connectivity (PS5, xbox and switch)". (But in chinese)

There is no "default" firmware. For example, a firmware downloaded from the US is identical to one download from China.

Each router has the region it was manufactured for embedded in the hardware. The firmware reads this region code and presents different options accordingly. So your router was manufactured for the Chinese market.

Last edited:
P.S. Go to the Wireless - Professional settings. If you have a Region setting make sure it is set correctly (on each band) for your current location otherwise you may have WiFi problems. This setting (if present) only effects WiFi. If there is no Region setting return the router and get one that is intended for you country.

Last edited:
It's not about the wi-fi channels, but rather with the factory reset.

It's not like the default is french, spanish, english or any spoken latin which i can sorta of understand.
I literally have a map for the options for when i had to reset it last time.

1655129786624.png

This is another AC88u, which has all those language options.
While mine only has English and chinese

Not that i have a problem with it, but rather that it's the default language.

Last edited:
Yes, as I said, that's what the GUI in the Chinese models look like. Changing the firmware won't change the GUI options.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!