What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What does the restart_firewall do in relation to the issue and how/where do I execute the command?
It will reapply the FlexQoS settings after the QoS restart. You would run it via SSH on the router. Or just press apply on the FlexQoS page, or the main QoS page if you want to avoid the command line and achieve the same effect.

Is STP good for gaming performance or should i rather disable it?

105 down/ 20 Up

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    11.3 KB · Views: 77
New update pushed to the develop branch to fix a shameful flaw in applying the custom rates. As much as I'm embarrassed, I'm more embarrassed for all of you who didn't notice it (cheers for BoostOver!). :)

If you're running develop branch, please update from the GUI or the command line flexqos update

Makes sense since I’ve changed the logic in develop so I only startup FlexQoS during a firewall restart due to incompatibility with VPN clients otherwise. Run service restart_firewall while we wait for Jack’s next round of updates to spdMerlin. Or hack it into your local copy of spdMerlin if you’re daring.

EDIT: change service restart_qos to service "restart_qos;restart_firewall" at this point in the script if you want to:
Just seen this, I'll give it a try but I can't find the spdmerlin file in ssh to edit and change that command line. thanks

New update pushed to the develop branch to fix a shameful flaw in applying the custom rates. As much as I'm embarrassed, I'm more embarrassed for all of you who didn't notice it (cheers for BoostOver!). :)

If you're running develop branch, please update from the GUI or the command line flexqos update
Thanks for your job.

Is there a way I can hide all those DNS port #53 ??
You can put !53 in the Remote Port filter field, but you'd have to do it every time you refresh the page. Honestly, it's one of the reasons I stopped using a Pi-Hole while trying to develop FlexQoS. Too much traffic for debugging.

I think I'm the only one on dslreports to have A, A, A without QOS and a horrible C, D, C with any kind of QOS activated.
This has always happened with any modem.

I think I'm the only one on dslreports to have A, A, A without QOS and a horrible C, D, C with any kind of QOS activated.
dslreports A A A without QOS, since updating to Comcast 100/5 and AC1900P 386.1 beta4

:D Now I'm curious where the wrong rates were applied. I did several detailed tests and everything was fine. Was it in all classes, or only in one specific class, up or down or both?

I think you might expect bad latency with QoS because of the minimum burst parameters that Adaptive QoS uses (3200 bytes). It may be a little too high for your download bandwidth (19Mbps) and certainly too high for your upload bandwidth (1Mbps). I'll have to think if there's a better way to handle smaller bandwidth.

Which maybe explains why I didn't recognize it - no games, no file transfers, just web surfing and work from home categories at day (both not saturating bandwidth normally) and some streaming at night, also all rates set at 100% max and (as written) speedtests maxed out my dsl without any problems. Which tells us - "Wer misst misst Mist" as we say in german. ;) Thank you for finding and fixing it. :)

@jj22038 why are you running Beta 4 today? 386.1_0 release final is working great for (almost) everyone. :)

Makes sense since I’ve changed the logic in develop so I only startup FlexQoS during a firewall restart due to incompatibility with VPN clients otherwise. Run service restart_firewall while we wait for Jack’s next round of updates to spdMerlin. Or hack it into your local copy of spdMerlin if you’re daring.

EDIT: change service restart_qos to service "restart_qos;restart_firewall" at this point in the script if you want to:

Dave, managed to figure this out and change the command line on my local copy. I changed my QoS d/l u/l settings and waited for spdmerlin to run and change the settings to trigger the restart.

I've checked tc qdisc and this seems to have done the trick and retained fq_codel! thank you very much your help!

If you ever need a guinea pig for any gaming testing with your scripts, you can count me in!

OK you twisted my arm. Just got off 4 hours worth of calling customers and wanted a break from writing code :D
Code:
spdmerlin develop
now includes this service call change. https://github.com/jackyaz/spdMerlin/commit/260f005e49dafe675b8800b0aa3a88ab91f53651

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!