What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Jack Yaz, go ahead, @dave14305 does it to you (all the time!). :)

maxresdefault.jpg

I have also tried to switch to dev channel. Way better with the dev version with fq_codel still some minor latency spikes that where flated out before but still getting slowly back the old performance

@dave14305 i think you need to start gaming because most of the people use your script to optimize latency and thats good for gaming so thats the hole purpose to be able to test your own script properly

Last edited:
No, that is what guinea pigs, er, I mean, beta testers are for. :D

i think you need to start gaming because most of the people use your script to optimize latency and thats good for gaming so thats the hole purpose to be able to test your own script properly
I don’t need to do anything, but I’ll accept any translation problems in your message. I quote my own post from April 24, 2020:
I'm only prepared to make general changes to the structure of the page/script. I don't game, so I don't plan to entertain complaints from gamers who are sad because of their ping times (apologies in advance if you're a gamer who whines about ping times :p).
This script provides the framework for customizing QoS. If someone has better ideas specific to gaming, I could look to add them to the script. But I’m not going to adopt someone else’s hobby as my own. :confused:

The latest dev version killed my network completely - webpages were unreachable, unbound was displaying response times for DNS around 40 secs, etc ...
After qos disabled and router restart it went back to normal. So I tried to enable qos back leads to same behavior, so I removed it for now.

No clue what happens.

The latest dev version killed my network completely - webpages were unreachable, unbound was displaying response times for DNS around 40 secs, etc ...
After qos disabled and router restart it went back to normal. So I tried to enable qos back leads to same behavior, so I removed it for now.

No clue what happens.
Did you check the bandwidth allocation for each traffic type in the FlexQoS customise tab? After the hotfix last night my values all changed and I had to set them again.

While netcontrol and web surfing were as before, min-values were mixed (max is 100% in my setup but I'd assume that these would also be involved) between the classes. As if you take the whole line (up and down limits together) and shift it to another class and so on. Sorry to say but I didn't take a screenshot so I can't tell you which line moved from class a to class b :(

Dumb question: to update FlexQoS in the dev branch do we still use this code?

Code:
flexqos -update
# or
sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -update

That’s unexpected. The fix yesterday only changed what happened with the values when being applied. What did it look like?
I can’t remember exactly what they had all changed to, but I always have gaming as my highest priority with 35% of minimum bandwidth. Gaming had changed to 5% and file downloads had changed to 30 or 35% (previously 5%) on the download values. Pretty sure it was both download and upload values. I only checked because I had latency spikes while gaming and double checked everything was still working as it should. All ok after I edited again!

ok. I tried installing directly from dev branch but didn't work so had to use the curl to master then switch to dev with

sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -develop

then do the update

When I set Gaming traffic container just under Net Control Packets, gaming traffic gets routed to the container below Gaming, I have that set to Others. When I set Others below Net Control Packets gaming traffic gets routed to the container below Others, in this case I changed it to Gaming.

That’s unexpected. The fix yesterday only changed what happened with the values when being applied. What did it look like?
I also noticed that the Bandwidth values changed as well. I have a screenshot of before applying the Development branch + Hotfix, but I unfortunately changed the values back to what my screenshot was, in order for the values to be the same when they were changed, so I can't remember what they were changed to. As this is the development branch, I should have taken a screenshot to help troubleshoot if required.

I also noticed that the Bandwidth values changed as well. I have a screenshot of before applying the Development branch + Hotfix, but I unfortunately changed the values back to what my screenshot was, in order for the values to be the same when they were changed, so I can't remember what they were changed to. As this is the development branch, I should have taken a screenshot to help troubleshoot if required.

So I went back to the FlexQOS stable version, and reinputted my screenshot numbers:
1612461675075.png

Then I installed the V1.1.1 Develop version, here is an unaltered screenshot of what my values changed to:

1612461758259.png

Hope this helps @dave14305 on how the values changed to different numbers.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!