What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tried flexqos develop, it produces more jitters compared to flexqos stable.
jitters ranging from 100ms above in flexqos develop vs jitters 2 to 29ms in flexqos stable.

kindly advise if i setup something wrongly here.

running on rt-ac5300, with asuswrt merlin 384.19

BETA Version 1.1.1 (develop branch)

NEW

• Experimental htb+fq_codel qdisc to replace htb+htb+sfq (opt-in)
  • HTB burst parameter now is based on "burst by duration" concept borrowed from SQM scripts @ OpenWRT. Burst is now defined as the number of bytes that can be sent at line speed in 1 millisecond. This is an experimental design change so feedback is appreciated.
  • Burst is now defined equally for all classes based on 1 ms of the configured upload or download bandwidth (i.e. line rate). The minimum burst will be set to 3200 to match ASUS standard.
  • Burst used to be defined as 1% of rate rounded down to the nearest 1600 byte increment, also with a minimum of 3200 bytes.
CHANGED
  • Custom rate rules are now included in debug output
  • Improved IPv6 device name matching to match local IPv6 connections with corresponding custom names from Network Map Client List using MAC address as the foreign key.
  • Reverse logic for backup file retention during uninstall (@maghuro)
  • Expanded iptables mask bits to include upload/download bits
  • Code style changes regarding readonly variables and local versus global variables
  • Code style changes with variable names as uppercase
  • Reordered custom bandwidth settings in addon settings storage to remove earlier kludge in bandwidth UI
  • Renamed bandwidth custom settings variable name
  • Combined upload/download mark variables into common variable
  • Refactored code into more discrete functions to avoid repetiton
  • Flush FlexQoS iptables chain during start to avoid deleting individual rules before adding them.
FIXED
  • Cleaned up temporary file left behind during an update download
  • 5-minute Cronjob might fail if Entware coreutils-date is also installed
The fq_codel support requires much testing to ensure it sticks and doesn't get overridden or cause other issues with Adaptive QoS. I have only tested on 384.19, so any 386.1 beta testers are encouraged.

Switch to the develop branch at the command line with flexqos develop
Switch back to stable branch with flexqos stable

Perhaps a silly question but how did you get fq_codel to work when Merlin removed it from the 386.1 beta 4? Wouldn't you run into the same issue he did with fq_codel and the Trend Micro DPI engine incompatibility? Sorry, I'm not trying to question you but rather genuinely curious! Y'all are just so insanely smart, it's hard for people like me to wrap my brain around it all but I want to try. lol.

Perhaps a silly question but how did you get fq_codel to work when Merlin removed it from the 386.1 beta 4? Wouldn't you run into the same issue he did with fq_codel and the Trend Micro DPI engine incompatibility? Sorry, I'm not trying to question you but rather genuinely curious! Y'all are just so insanely smart, it's hard for people like me to wrap my brain around it all but I want to try. lol.
I was content to replace the existing qdisc with fq_codel after-the-fact. I think Merlin prefers something more elegant and supportable. My solution could break in the future. fq_codel is still available in the firmware, but Merlin’s method of interception was circumvented by new Trend components, hence removing support for it.

Hi guys.
My question is:
With fq_codel active,
accelerated nat must be on or off?
Thanks.
Good night from Italy

thanks for the develop upgrade. running it on a ac3100 with 384.19. Im getting consecutive A's on dslreport speedtest, in which recently has been very difficult to get good results. will keep testing.

AX86U on beta 4. Having tried develop over the weekend, noticed I've had strange results with packet loss and high ping during some online multiplayer gaming sessions. When it happened tonight, it occurred when my wife was on zoom. My ping was spiking between 80-120ms and packet loss running between 3% and 12%. I switched QoS off whilst in-game and it resolved the issue. I switched back to stable after the game and then turned QoS back on and found no issues with ping or packet loss in the next game.

Also noticed pings during SpdMerlin tests have spiked to just over 100ms yesterday. Can't say I've really noticed any other differences, certainly no improvements over the stable version.

AX86U on beta 4. Having tried develop over the weekend, noticed I've had strange results with packet loss and high ping during some online multiplayer gaming sessions. When it happened tonight, it occurred when my wife was on zoom. My ping was spiking between 80-120ms and packet loss running between 3% and 12%. I switched QoS off whilst in-game and it resolved the issue. I switched back to stable after the game and then turned QoS back on and found no issues with ping or packet loss in the next game.

Also noticed pings during SpdMerlin tests have spiked to just over 100ms yesterday. Can't say I've really noticed any other differences, certainly no improvements over the stable version.
Silly question, but to be sure, did you switch the option in the Customize section of FlexQoS to use fq_codel? This is an opt-in experiment, so I want to narrow down whether this is a problem with fq_codel or the new burst calculation.

If you want to give it a go some other time, if you experience the problem, please run and post the output of these commands:
Code:
tc -s qdisc ls
tc -s class show dev br0
flexqos debug

Silly question, but to be sure, did you switch the option in the Customize section of FlexQoS to use fq_codel? This is an opt-in experiment, so I want to narrow down whether this is a problem with fq_codel or the new burst calculation.

If you want to give it a go some other time, if you experience the problem, please run and post the output of these commands:
Code:
tc -s qdisc ls
tc -s class show dev br0
flexqos debug
The fq_codel option was selected yes. I did initially change to default but it didn't seem to resolve it so I then turned QoS off. I had been using my phone to do this so had to get my laptop out so I could switch back over to the stable branch.

I'll give it a go tomorrow to see if I get the problem again. So I just run that command asap when I experience any problems?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if I can use flex qos with 384.17 gnuton1 ?

And if that's possible how I can add a game from untracked into gaming?

At the moment with the freshjr script lots of game are in untracked and I allocate more to others than gaming.

If I want gaming to be the priority do these amounts look ok?

Or add games to gaming and lower others?

As an example ports 27015 through 28999 are dedicated servers for Dota 2

With only Dota running and chrome tabs open something I get mainly others and video streaming with no streams running on my pc

Or is that every device not the device under filter by device?

Attachments

• gaming.PNG
    gaming.PNG
    18.7 KB · Views: 133
  • download upload.JPG
    download upload.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if I can use flex qos with 384.17 gnuton1 ?

And if that's possible how I can add a game from untracked into gaming?

At the moment with the freshjr script lots of game are in untracked and I allocate more to others than gaming.

If I want gaming to be the priority do these amounts look ok?

Or add games to gaming and lower others?

As an example ports 27015 through 28999 are dedicated servers for Dota 2

With only Dota running and chrome tabs open something I get mainly others and video streaming with no streams running on my pc

Or is that every device not the device under filter by device?
I would think so since it is based on Merlin's firmware and meets the requirements of 384.15 or newer. Have you tried installing it?

Total rookie on flexQOS

I'm getting this is the System Log approx. every 5 minutes

Jan 18 12:18:00 FlexQoS: /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh (pid=16740) called in unattended mode with 1 args: -check
Jan 18 12:18:00 FlexQoS: iptables rules already present
Jan 18 12:18:01 FlexQoS: Applying AppDB rules and TC rates
Jan 18 12:18:01 FlexQoS: ERROR! Check /tmp/flexqos_tcrules.log

/tmp/flexqos_tcrules.log shows

Unknown filter "flowid", hence option "1:16" is unparsable
Command failed /tmp/flexqos_tcrules:18
Unknown filter "flowid", hence option "1:15" is unparsable
Command failed /tmp/flexqos_tcrules:34

/tmp/flexqos_tcrules is attached

I haven't set up any custom rules. This error seems to come up much more often when the guest network is enabled. Just started using the guest network recently as we have guests now :). I don't remember seeing that entry in the system log before we started using the guest network.

Anything to worry about here?

Attachments

• flexqos_tcrules.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 133
Can I use the gear accelerator-game prioritisation for my PS5 while flexqos is active or will it have a negative impact ?

I think once disables another.
I currently have both enabled (game prioritization and the flexqos game rule ).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!