What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS issues with 388.4 HND5.04 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think I've fixed it now. No version update yet, so you'd need to force an update at the command line.
This minor update fixed the client name showing vs the IP number under the local IP column as well.

I know you mentioned iptable rules dont work any longer for HND5.04, however, the iptable rules seem to be working without any issues

I do have IPV6 disabled as well.

Is there way to test if they're not fully working?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I know you mentioned iptable rules dont work any longer for HND5.04, however, the iptable rules seem to be working without any issues
Is there way to test if they're not fully working?
Add a rule to move traffic with a high, noticeable data volume (e.g. speedtest or big download) to a hardly-used category (e.g. Learn from Home) and see if the traffic quantity looks sensible after the test. Does a 4GB ISO download only register 500MB in the chart?

Add a rule to move traffic with a high, noticeable data volume (e.g. speedtest or big download) to a hardly-used category (e.g. Learn from Home) and see if the traffic quantity looks sensible after the test. Does a 4GB ISO download only register 500MB in the chart?
Ill try it out.

Just curious if you have tried dng this while disabling NAT acceleration/FC to see if works properly? I know this was recommended for newer AX models in the past but i wasnt sure if this was still the case. I know disabling these options is not recommended depending on your paid speeds.

Last edited:
Ill try it out.

Just curious if you have tried dng this while disabling NAT acceleration/FC to see if works properly? I know this was recommended for newer AX models in the past but i wasnt sure if this was still the case. I know disabling these options is not recommended depending on your paid speeds.

Is this the proper way to disable these 2 options for newer models?

Post in thread 'help, code for disable runner and flow cache in ssh putty please' https://www.snbforums.com/threads/h...w-cache-in-ssh-putty-please.84232/post-831033
Yes, it works just fine when disabling fc.

Last edited:

@dave14305

I know you stopped thinking about Flex and mainly use it for AppDB rules for these new routers!

For testing purposes....have you tried disabling IPV6? It may be an issue with how IPV6 traffic is being routed.

Im currently running Flex with Runner/FC enabled and im not noticing any issues. IPV6 is disabled.

Just a thought!

Thanks & sorry for buggin you!!!

For testing purposes....have you tried disabling IPV6? It may be an issue with how IPV6 traffic is being routed.
Yes, it doesn’t seem to matter.
Im currently running Flex with Runner/FC enabled and im not noticing any issues. IPV6 is disabled.
No issues, but how do you know it’s working as intended for iptables rules?

Yes, it doesn’t seem to matter.

No issues, but how do you know it’s working as intended for iptables rules?

I briefly ran Flex and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. However i didn't test it as you mentioned so it probably wasnt working as it intended.

Im trying out CAKE at this moment with my new slower speeds but ill be messing w/Flex again soon.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Trying FlexQoS again on a DSL-AX82U with 3004.388.5_0-gnuton1 firmware , amtm installed FlexQoS v1.3.5
when I first go to the FlexQoS page in the Tracked Connections table the Local IP and Remote IP columns is populated the wrong way round, if I enter a filter then the new data is the correct way round for the column titles, but on the next automatic refresh all the data in the table disappears completely and does not return on any following auto refresh.

Trying FlexQoS again on a DSL-AX82U with 3004.388.5_0-gnuton1 firmware , amtm installed FlexQoS v1.3.5
when I first go to the FlexQoS page in the Tracked Connections table the Local IP and Remote IP columns is populated the wrong way round, if I enter a filter then the new data is the correct way round for the column titles, but on the next automatic refresh all the data in the table disappears completely and does not return on any following auto refresh.
Do you use IPv6? Is this behavior new? Have you forced a FlexQoS update in the last 2 weeks?

Do you use IPv6? Is this behavior new? Have you forced a FlexQoS update in the last 2 weeks?

I noticed this about 20 minutes after installing via amtm, only a few minutes before posting.
IPv6 was enabled on the router but I don't have a WAN ipv6 IP still as vodafone is doing a very slow roll out.
You have to switch to Automatic QoS before amtm will install flex, but I didn't run the actual uninstaller for cake, I'm not expecting a conflict but I thought I should mention it.

If I only enter the first few digits up to "192.1" in the filter box, then it shows data with remote IP's clearly under the Local IP column (eg 34.192.154.181) , and the search hits are from those remote IPs only and data stays in view after auto refreshes.
When I type in one more digit to 192.16 then the data re-lists, local machine names not IP's get shown under the Local IP column, and then all data vanishes on the next refresh and stays gone.

Last edited:
IPv6 was enabled on the router as but I don't have a WAN ipv6 IP still as vodafone is doing a very slow roll out.
Would you please post the output of these 2 commands!
Code:
nvram get ipv6_service
nvram get ipv6_prefix

# nvram get ipv6_service
dhcp6

nvram get ipv6_prefix - returns nothing, it just skips a console line and exits.

Edit: Disabling ipv6 does end this behaviour, the data starts and stays is in the correct columns, filtering doesn't result in the data vanishing on the first autorefresh

Last edited:
# nvram get ipv6_service
dhcp6

nvram get ipv6_prefix - returns nothing, it just skips a console line and exits.

Edit: Disabling ipv6 does end this behaviour, the data starts and stays is in the correct columns, filtering doesn't result in the data vanishing on the first autorefresh
I also just pushed a fix for this. You can force an update.

I also just pushed a fix for this. You can force an update.
38 minutes after your post, neither amtm nor the update button in the script's configuration menu offer an update/hotfix.

Edit: ran the flexQOS CLI through amtm, told it to update anyway after it reported none and that has worked, ipv6 enabled and data in the correct columns and filtering working correctly.

Thank you!

Last edited:
is the flexqos dev version different than the staple version?

Testing latest Flex with IPV6 enabled.

I noticed something interesting, when toggling between saves the QoS mode from 'Asus' to 'Fq_codel' but it seems to finally show the flow of traffic correctly in the graphs/charts (maybe).

For instance, when I 1st installed Flex with fq_codel, the graphs would not show any Video streaming under Downloads even though there was mutltiple devices streaming (it would stay at 0 kb) and would never update. Once I switched the QoS mode to "Asus" and apply save, I started noticing some movement.

At this time, I switched back to fq_codel and the traffic seems to show traffic flowing correctly (But maybe not for all categories).... possibly a router reboot will revert back to showing no more traffic but I'll continue to monitor.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!