What's new

Fork 380.57 HGG-FINAL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But i mean. The wifi card will not fried by pushing the TX to 1Watt? And they say if u increase the tx so much and the antenna cant handle u will get so much noise making the signal throughput to low. Are u using 1W on the TX? What router u use? Thx so much :)
Honestly I don't use the increased option. I have the AC87U version. What I love about this version is that it has the unlocked channels and I can use almost all channels.
For sure it won't fry any channel or hhgomes wouldn't release it in the first place.

But i mean. The wifi card will not fried by pushing the TX to 1Watt? And they say if u increase the tx so much and the antenna cant handle u will get so much noise making the signal throughput to low. Are u using 1W on the TX? What router u use? Thx so much :)

Test and find out yourself. The device has a temp sensor so you can monitor temps, and you can run iperf speedtests to see whether the increased tx power increases or decreases throughput.

For me personally the only option I'm waiting for is the LACP script. I heard it will be integrated in the future version.
Doing load balacing with my Synology box is worth waiting.

Test and find out yourself. The device has a temp sensor so you can monitor temps, and you can run iperf speedtests to see whether the increased tx power increases or decreases throughput.
Yea. Will try. But its not harm to ask to people thats already test. So maybe if they get probs. They can warn before it happend. Thx anyway :)

Yea. Will try. But its not harm to ask to people thats already test. So maybe if they get probs. They can warn before it happend. Thx anyway :)

Bear in mind that by using this firmware you are also exposing yourself to espionage from Communist Rogue States.

Just a warning...

Tried 100% on AC87U without any harm. The range was longer but with the cost of lower speed. 70% is enough for me.

Sorry! Posted from my phone in a hurry. My mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem, we're all here to help each other as we can.

So i just installed 380.57.1 and now i see .2 is out! Anyone knows if simple f/w upgrade will work or does it require the reset/reconfig process?

So i just installed 380.57.1 and now i see .2 is out! Anyone knows if simple f/w upgrade will work or does it require the reset/reconfig process?
I disconnected my external drive and then flashed from .1 to .2. Then rebooted. All good for 2 days now.

You can upgrade it without resetting your router. At least it worked for me yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.