What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Though sometimes it would be better not having it, at least it would work...

It seems there's out there a legion of ASUS routers with broken power buttons, never happened in here a single time.

Call for help! I need another data point for IPv6 support with large prefix lengths.

Any Sky ISP users in the UK with a fairly 'vanilla' configuration willing to load a custom firmware build for some data collection?

If you can help, please send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Disagree, I hate devices that have no power button, it feels cheap that the method used to power off is to yank the power cord.

Ah I can see there could be trouble in countries where they don't have switches with power sockets.

EDIT: I can see I was the cause of some off topic stuff here. Apologies @john9527.

Well today my n66u has just completely shut down. No lights anywhere on the router or the hdds.. No changes made recently to the software.

The blue light on the power brick is on and stays on for quite a while after being disconnected.

Anyone else had this happen?! Its slightly more than 2 years old. :( :(

EDIT:
Oh well .. found plenty of posts with n66u's dying. Let the troubleshooting begin.. <sigh>

EDIT2:

Well that was quick.. the stupid power button is shot.. won't stick in the on state. Time for a toothpick repair it seems. :mad:

EDIT3:

And it lives on! :D That button isn't going anywhere now. Wonder why do they even put those damn things there.
The only reason this took the time it did was cause of the ultra optimized position i have it located in my house which takes it out of quick reach.

happened to mine the other day too, I've pushed it in and soldered it stuck in the on position. Stupid idea to put a power switch on a device that is on 24/7

Installed 19B8 today.

It has a reboot bug of some sort.

If i reboot from with in the router, the router becomes unusable; no internet and no wifi connection, cant get a LAN IP.
If i power cycle it manually, router also becomes unusable; no internet and no wifi connection, cant even get a LAN IP.

Only way to get the router back up and running, is to hard reset it.

Router: AC68R

I havent has that issue with any of the 17 or 18 versions of firmware.
Don't know what to say....no other reports and I can't recreate. Next step is to make your syslog available (please post to a file sharing site and provide a link instead of copying into a post).

Note: The latest release is now V19E3 which corrects problems some had with firmware updates. See the first post for details.

Time for the next release....This is just a summary, see the first post for additional details on some of the changes.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to provide feedback during the beta.

LATEST RELEASE: Update-19E1
9-September-2016
Merlin fork 374.43_2-19E1j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1YdgUcP
============================

Update-19E1 Highlights (full changelog is in the zip files)
  • Update OpenVPN to 2.3.12
  • Support prefix lengths other than 64 for native IPv6
  • New IPv6 options required by some ISPs - Additional details in the first post (Sky UK customers please read).
  • Change default setting of Filter IPv6 Neighborhood Solicitation to No(off) - Comcast customers, see the first post
  • Add support for DHCP Option 60, vendor class id
  • Support Meo, Vodaphone and Hinet MOD profiles for IPTV, including during Quick Setup - @threepwood
    Before anyone asks, Movistar is NOT supported. The complexity of the Movistar profile is beyond the scope of this fork.
  • Update to version 6 of IPSET for ARM routers (Tomato backport) - Please see the first post for script changes which may be required
  • Other Fixes/Updates
    • Minidlna would use a different uuid on every start. If your DLNA client tracked DLNA servers, this would result in multiple 'phantom' servers being shown as offline.
    • WIDE-DHCPv6 updates to support larger prefixes
    • Dropbear: fix ability to link to SFTP server - @errorsys
    • Dropbear: include dropbearconvert utility for generating ssh certificates
    • AICloud: pick up some required changes tied to the V18 lighttpd update - @Grump
    • Fix missing QoS rules generation for a single MAC address for IPv6 - @Chrysalis
    • Fix bad iptables rule generation when using both Parental Controls and Network Services Filter - @Badlandz
    • Fix scheduled disk scans could run on the wrong drive
      IMPORTANT: If you have disk scans scheduled, you need to reapply the schedules in the Disk Utility or they may not work as expected.
    • No longer dump the VPN status to the syslog when opening the status page (backport)
    • Removed obsolete help test from Network Services Filter which now uses CIDR notation instead of ranges - @Badlandz

As always, a reminder to users with MIPS routers to have a backup of /jffs just in case!

SHA256
Code:
9ebb582812c9c2cf1dbd1c2a60b9cdb84fc6f605acec054d5321d02b9cd47a5c  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-19E1j9527.trx
1cbba45607158b0c21f9c5736952689465bda9d544f2a51206e757a9b5e5c20b  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-19E1j9527.trx
2eb0204e2ae81c0823543661ac6221651238f80e0cfb3cdf3aecd2fa736a3639  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-19E1j9527.trx
f0277577cbd63b0dba7efd896c93a1ac69c186ac3315e6753ce6c6762a23b929  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-19E1j9527.trx
88f7b0459f8257a86b0367c464b419e42508460648697cc5295abd1bb4801347  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-19E1j9527.trx

Last edited:
RT-AC56U (v1.6) Upgrade Failure from 18E3 to 19E1

Just a report that after flashing 19E1 the router asked for a manual reboot. After rebooting it keep rebooting at about 10-15 second intervals. Could not get router to recovery mode or use firmware restoration tool. Had to pull out the USB to Serial cable to get to CFE and nvram erase.

Upon rebooting was able to log in to the router and see that 19E1 was loaded. Flashed the backup configuration and then the router did the same thing as when I flashed 19E1. Reused the USB to Serial and recovered the router. Flashed 18E3 and then flashed the backup configuration and back to normal.

Just wanted to report for the other Ac56U folks.

Thank you John for this great firmware.

@roundaway Wow...sorry for the trouble...but I don't understand it. It's the same kernel as the AC68 and I must have done over 100 code loads on V19 variants. I also don't have an AC56 to test with.
When you cleared it out, did it come up with the default nvram?

Anyone else load to an AC56 successfully?

@roundaway Wow...sorry for the trouble...but I don't understand it. It's the same kernel as the AC68 and I must have done over 100 code loads on V19 variants. I also don't have an AC56 to test with.
When you cleared it out, did it come up with the default nvram?

Anyone else load to an AC56 successfully?

No sorry needed. Believe the AC56U has a history of bad behavior. The router did start with default settings after the nvram erase.

@roundaway Yes, I was just doing a search as I recalled a CFE bug on the AC56 that could cause a highly intermittent problem updating firmware.

The only significant change was in the IPv6 stack. Do you have IPv6 enabled, and if so, what type? Possibly try with IPv6 disabled before doing the firmware update???

I hate to ask, but since you have the recovery tools available, would you be willing to try again and see if it's repeatable or was a one time event?

@roundaway Yes, I was just doing a search as I recalled a CFE bug on the AC56 that could cause a highly intermittent problem updating firmware.

The only significant change was in the IPv6 stack. Do you have IPv6 enabled, and if so, what type? Possibly try with IPv6 disabled before doing the firmware update???

I hate to ask, but since you have the recovery tools available, would you be willing to try again and see if it's repeatable or was a one time event?

IPv6 was/is disabled in 18E3. Since the router has to be disassembled to recover can it wait a day or two to see if anyone else with an AC56U has the same problem?

IPv6 was/is disabled in 18E3. Since the router has to be disassembled to recover can it wait a day or two to see if anyone else with an AC56U has the same problem?
Absolutely.....I appreciate that you are even willing to try.

In the meantime....can anyone who has loaded V19B8 or V19E1 on an AC56 please post?

I loaded V19E1 on two AC68U's. One is set up as an access point only. The access point ungraded successfully. The other one set up as the main router said to manually reboot and it never recovered. I had to use the restoration tool twice to get it back.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!