What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a VPN client with some devices going through it and having the killswitch.
What is the expected behavior when I disable the client?
Shouldn't it disregard the policy to route those devices through it?
The effect I experience is that they have no internet access. Unexpected.

Per John (post 6010)
Ahh....sorry I was slow and didn't latch on to you using the CFE mini server. Was able to recreate it. Actually, none of the commands on that page (reboot or nvram reset) will work as well. Pretty sure it's CVE-2017-5892 that's doing it. Since 380.66 and my V25 behave the same, at least it seems as if I did the port correctly :)

But, try this as a workaround.

edit your local client hosts file to include an entry for the router address pointing to router.asus.com
(normally dnsmasq would handle this, but it's not up when using the mini server).
Now connect to the mini server with http://router.asus.com instead of the address

whats this boy must not have check this! look at post 6001 & 6009 & 6011
Actually, I went back to try and recreate it again and couldn't (first time I was working on a PC that get's little use, and hadn't been rebooted in a long while. It worked the second time I tried it with the router name, but I think that was just a coincidence). So, I need to retract the previous statement. I've been moving back and forth between any level without any problem. I just did the following successfully, all using the CFE mini Web Server, using the router address.

V26B5 (my latest development build) > my build of 380.66
my build of 380.66 > Merlin build 380.66_2
Merlin build 380.66_2 > V25E1
V25E1 > Merlin build 380.66_2
Merlin build 380.66_2 > V25E1

So, there is no problem with the mini Web Server that I can see.
What browser are you using? I did the above with FF 53.0.3

V25E1 and 380.66.2 has a problem with CFE mini server if loaded on router PERIOD!
Check the test I did.....I moved between these two levels several times WITHOUT a problem. Is there a combination I didn't test that you would like me to try?

I already said that I believe I jumped to a wrong conclusion with the possible workaround....I don't think that will do anything and was just a PC problem on my end.

I'm done talking about this, don't care what u guys do about this!

PISS poor attitude!
Yes, it is...but not mine.....

Since updating to the latest 25E1 my RT-ac66 has had to be rebooted each day to retain DHCP. Established as a media bridge this has been flawless up this this build. Once rebooted both printers and PC get the designated IPs as I do have them researved on the RT-ac68u running the same software and is the DHCP server. I see no errors in either logs

Also noted the following Status will never connect. I am reverting back to the last build 24E3

Attachments

• JOhnsFork.jpg
    JOhnsFork.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 475
Test Build Available

Although I haven't had any problems with V25E1, a couple users have reported some issues ( @slobodan @Lotta Cox @R1-Limited )

I've put up a test build V25T2 at
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJkEFTnFp4Sh2wvQva

with a couple of changes....
  • updated dnsmasq to 2.77rc5 (this looks like it is closing in on the final release....they are tweaking Changelog files now)
  • Removed one fix from dnsmasq 2.77 that made me a bit nervous when it was being used in an embedded environment
  • Removed one fix from busybox 1.25 port that also could have some unintended consequences (enforced an RFC in udhcp)
  • With all the 'scripting' going on putting pressure on dnsmasq, I moved dnsmasq to run on the second core for ARM based routers.
If you've had a problem, would be interested in any feedback. Thanks.

I will be updating to the test build tonight...
Thanks John

Test Build Available

Although I haven't had any problems with V25E1, a couple users have reported some issues ( @slobodan @Lotta Cox @R1-Limited )

I've put up a test build V25T2 at
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJkEFTnFp4Sh2wvQva
@john9527
Have you had time to look at this?
@john9527
That would be fine. I get the checkbox when I use AUTO and when clicked DFS checkbox and apply I don't se and dfs channels.
I tracked down the reason that the 'Auto use DFS channels' option wasn't sticking when trying to enable the DFS channels. If you would like to try an early V26beta with the fix, drop me a PM.
It should be there.....for EU routers, with the main channel selection set to 'Auto'. It will be next week before I can double check it on the hardware.

Last edited:
@john9527 , can you give me a quick crash course on the meaning of "Default Priority Level" in the QoS section (I know you did a lot of work in here):

QoS Default Priority.PNG

Yeah, I know it sounds like a silly question. But there is/was no mention of "If traffic does not match a below rule then....", thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!