What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just to keep the teasers coming :) DoT gui done, including a new multi-select for the servers.
Beta should be out soon.
DoT2.PNG

I updated my 68U to 33E7 from 32E4. Everything is working fine, stability/speed/temp/manual ip assignment, except one thing SSH login. Briefly, the issue is that I enabled SSH "by setting enable ssh to YES, then hit apply" to allow me finish a few setups via terminal. I finished what I was doing via terminal and turned ssh off "by setting allow ssh to NO then hit apply". Tested SSH access again via terminal/putty and I still get to login even though SSH is off.

While I was still in 32E4, I had the same exact issue and to resolve it I had to set allow ssh to NO then hit apply then do a reboot, and issue is gone. While still in 32E4, even though "Allow SSH password login" is set to yes but "Enable ssh"is set to no I cannot ssh to the router.
With 33E7, I set "Allow SSH password login" and "Enable ssh" to no , hit apply then reboot...I still can ssh to the router. FYI, every thing under Command Line is set to no.

I have another 68U running merlin 384.5, that doesn't have this issue. If I want to ssh the router, I just set "Enable SSH" to "LAN Only", hit apply. Once i'm done, set "Enable SSH" to "No", hit apply and that's it. I didn't have to reboot the router at any point.

I had this issue since the first JohnFork I tried around a year ago. I didn't care at that point since issue was resolved once I rebooted. BUT with 33E7, the issue doesn't go away. I already tried clearing cache/cookies, tried different browsers, even different OSs and workstations, and still having same issue. I reset the router, cleared nvram and input all setting from scratch and still having same issue.

Please advise!!!

P.S:
I borrowed two different 68Us from two different friends, I tested what I had in my router and I am getting the same results.

Hello, merlin ends support of rt-n66u and his last firmware version is 380.70.
He says that john9527 continue support and make fork for new version of firmware 382.... where i can download it?
sory for my english

is Win10 really better than Win7 on an old PC or laptop?
as long as 7 gets all patches like 10.

its a fork of merlin
just look if you miss anything ..., there is no other way to get updates!

It works really good. I'm thinking the old laptop feels faster, just because it was installed from scratch [emoji848]
is Win10 really better than Win7 on an old PC or laptop?
as long as 7 gets all patches like 10.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

its not answer(( I mean does merlin's features exist in 374 version of john9527
See post #1 in this thread. All the information regarding this fork is there for you. This is an older version of Merlins with NEWER backports and fixes. So its an new-old version basically.

Morning all! Installed the 33e7 release on my ac66u last night. Worked great and I'm up and running. I have an issue which I'm hoping someone can assist me with though. I connect to work via Cisco VPN installed on my laptop. It lets me connect in OK I can browse my work network etc but when I try to access anything on the internet I get page cannot be displayed. It also takes ages to resolve the Intranet home page. Can anyone suggest a resolution to this? As a test I tethered to my mobile phone and it works fine so must be a setting on the router.

Morning all! Installed the 33e7 release on my ac66u last night. Worked great and I'm up and running. I have an issue which I'm hoping someone can assist me with though. I connect to work via Cisco VPN installed on my laptop. It lets me connect in OK I can browse my work network etc but when I try to access anything on the internet I get page cannot be displayed. It also takes ages to resolve the Intranet home page. Can anyone suggest a resolution to this? As a test I tethered to my mobile phone and it works fine so must be a setting on the router.
You should try lower down the MTU size on your laptop VPN connection configuration.

Briefly, the issue is that I enabled SSH "by setting enable ssh to YES, then hit apply" to allow me finish a few setups via terminal. I finished what I was doing via terminal and turned ssh off "by setting allow ssh to NO then hit apply". Tested SSH access again via terminal/putty and I still get to login even though SSH is off.
Sorry, I can't duplicate this. Checked both password and key authentication, and when I set Enable SSH to No and Apply, trying to log in I get the correct 'connection refused' message.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!