What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@ColinTaylor - A quick followup. I alluded to an answer to one of your questions, but wasn't really explicit. Stability is one of the top goals for this fork, so when I find something like this I tend to keep the default as it was, and give an option to change it. Don't want to run into any unintended consequences with a larger install base.

As mentioned by John, this fork is very stable. Has all known bugs patched and it has support for models no longer maintained by Asus

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

Sorry if this has been answered before... but what is the benefit of using this build (Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases V33E7) over the official Asus build (Version 3.0.0.4.382.50702)? I have a RT-N66-U btw, which now is on Merlin-WRT 380.70. Since Merlin-WRT is no longer supported for my router, I need to switch to either this fork, or go back to the official Asus firmware.
It depends on what features you are using or find important. Most of the features from Merlin are also supported on this fork....Policy based VPN, SMBv2 support, custom script support to name a few. What it doesn't have is the latest gui formatting and features, like custom names and icons.

It also has some features which are unique....for example, it currently supports an integrated dnscrypt, and I am currently running a beta that moves to DoT which is backed by a formal RFC.

Last edited:
Hello
I have Asus RT-N66W. I will like to know if with this fork I will be able to control and limit speed on second router connected through LAN port.

Hello
I have Asus RT-N66W. I will like to know if with this fork I will be able to control and limit speed on second router connected through LAN port.
No, you can't limit bandwidth by a physical port. You can limit an individual client by its MAC address.

you could limit to 100Mb/s instead of 1GB/s by downgrading ethernet by software setting or hardware (use only 4 pin cable like the older ones).

There's a problem with NAT-passthrough and android 8.1 (specifically my issue is on the oneplus-6) when using the 5ghz radio - it's causing the router to reboot every time the phone connects to the 5ghz wireless network. For reference, I'm using version 374.43_33E7j9527 (router is N66U), however this issue was also present on the latest merlin firmware. Since I moved over to john's fork I've done a factory reset - but issue persists. The only way I seem to be able to curb the reboots is to disable the 5ghz radio and only use the 2.4ghz. There's some evidence that disabling NAT-passthrough also solves the issue - but I'm on 200mbit internet so I lose half my download speed if I disable that.

See here here and here

Is there a way to get proper logs for what's going on here?

Last edited:
it's causing the router to reboot every time the phone connects to the 5ghz wireless network. For reference, I'm using version 374.43_33E7j9527 (router is N66U), however this issue was also present on the latest merlin firmware.
Try loading the 'L' build of the firmware, 33L7, which uses an older version of the wireless drivers and NAT acceleration. As long as you are using the N66 as a router, and not a repeater or media bridge, you won't be missing anything from a security standpoint.

@ColinTaylor yes, apologies
@john9527 thanks for the fast reply. I can try that version instead, but the front page mentions that it's susceptible to the KRACK attacks? I know that I need to perform a factory reset when going from the E to L versions, but can the firmware image be uploaded via the UI?

mentions that it's susceptible to the KRACK attacks? I know that I need to perform a factory reset when going from the E to L versions, but can the firmware image be uploaded via the UI?
KRACK is only applicable if the router is in repeater or media bridge mode (the reason for my security comment). You can load 'L' over 'E' via the gui, and you should not even need to do a factory reset.

Can you improve QoS by adding Minimum reserved Bandwidth in downloads like this:
lAJxrI8.png

I do not understand why they only added in upload, if it is the same or more important in download for play games.

I do not understand why they only added in upload, if it is the same or more important in download for play games.
Upload is by far the larger source of problems for online game latency, probably because the pipe tends to be so limited compared to download for many. It works well as it is, though, once you have your settings tuned to your connection.

I have two RT-AC66R routers that I'm looking to flash to v33E7 of this firmware. I am currently running Shibby's TomatoUSB v1.40. I read through the text files including the upgrade matrix but didn't see the procedure to go from something other than stock, Merlin, or this fork to the latest version of the fork.

Hoping someone can provide some guidance...

Thanks.

What I learnd so far useing miniweb for upload (press reset while power on and release some seconds later) or asus firmware restauration tool should work in all cases and needed coming from tomato.

Upload is by far the larger source of problems for online game latency, probably because the pipe tends to be so limited compared to download for many. It works well as it is, though, once you have your settings tuned to your connection.
@FreshJR Is show us the truth please, it true what he says about it is not important to have Minimum reserved Bandwidth in downloads, because it does not matter at all when you play games?

It's like saying that it's not important to have oil in a car, because the car has gasoline.

I beg you creator if it is possible to add my appeal in your firmware.
VRkZqsa.gif

I beg you creator if it is possible to add my appeal in your firmware.
There is actually a minimum reserved bandwidth for downloads, but it's not shown. It's hard-coded at 10% of the download bandwidth. So the "Current Settings" column is misleading.
Code:
class htb 2:10 parent 2:2 leaf 10: prio 1 rate 26Mbit ceil 260Mbit burst 5200Kb cburst 5200Kb
class htb 2:20 parent 2:2 leaf 20: prio 2 rate 26Mbit ceil 260Mbit burst 5200Kb cburst 5200Kb
class htb 2:30 parent 2:2 leaf 30: prio 3 rate 26Mbit ceil 260Mbit burst 5200Kb cburst 5200Kb
class htb 2:40 parent 2:2 leaf 40: prio 4 rate 26Mbit ceil 260Mbit burst 5200Kb cburst 5200Kb
class htb 2:50 parent 2:2 leaf 50: prio 5 rate 26Mbit ceil 130Mbit burst 2600Kb cburst 2600Kb

Hi guys, I am running Merlin on a AC66U first revision, and I get disconnected a lot, and also unreliable networking on either wifi or lan cable. How can I investigate what the issue is, or if installing this fork would help me? I was thinking to install the default firmware and return the router into warranty, but I wanted to get an advised opinion first.
Thanks in advance!

Does this fw work on the RPAC68u repeater?

Hi guys, I am running Merlin on a AC66U first revision, and I get disconnected a lot, and also unreliable networking on either wifi or lan cable. How can I investigate what the issue is, or if installing this fork would help me? I was thinking to install the default firmware and return the router into warranty, but I wanted to get an advised opinion first.
Thanks in advance!
Wifi problems are not uncommon for any router or firmware. But what do you mean by "unreliable networking on ... lan cable"?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!