What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm curious about the RT-AC68P changes in this release...that's the router that I have, and I just tried 6j last night. It was pretty disappointing as far as wireless goes, so was this an expected result for the 68P on 6j? I didn't bother to power-cycle the router, as often helps when I see weaker wireless after a flash, the wireless was that low. Back to normal after restoring 376.49_5.

Oh yeah, the sha256sum works a lot better *smile*.

I expect I'll get around to trying 7 soon, but I'm doing another experiment first *smile*.

Hey Roger. I think the signal issues between Asus, Merlin and John's fork only apply to the N66U as far as i can tell. Although having the fork here making it weaker then Merlin's seems strange it should at least be as good. Possibly something pacific to the P model not sure.

I'm curious about the RT-AC68P changes in this release...that's the router that I have, and I just tried 6j last night. It was pretty disappointing as far as wireless goes, so was this an expected result for the 68P on 6j? I didn't bother to power-cycle the router, as often helps when I see weaker wireless after a flash, the wireless was that low. Back to normal after restoring 376.49_5.

Oh yeah, the sha256sum works a lot better *smile*.

I expect I'll get around to trying 7 soon, but I'm doing another experiment first *smile*.

What I found is that although there wasn't any 'labelled' 68P changes, buried in the wireless initialization code was a special set of wireless parameters for a specific country code and regulation revision (Q2/40). Turns out these are the default values in the 68P cfe. Since the wireless is closed source, not sure what all of them do...so I can't say whether what you saw was expected or not. But, what's there now matches the 'official' release. Unfortunately the unknown is if they changed the driver too.....so....

Looking forward to you reporting back!

Will there be any problems flashing this from 3.0.0.4.378.3873 on my AC68U?

Thank you very much John, awesome work.

I'm one of the users who will benefit from the OpenVPN performance enhancement as I use it extensively. I can already confirm a big boost in performance (in my case, >50%) using OpenVPN server 1 on an AC68U - I get 30-35Mbps with speedtest.net from 20Mbps with the V6 release.

Well, I wish I could take credit for the idea for the OpenVPN performance enhancement, but it was Merlin who originally came up with it. There was a discussion in another thread which led me to find that it had been accidentally broke even before I released the first version of the fork. A fix with a big impact.

updated to version 7 last night.

seems to be working well

one improvement i noticed is that the routers starts to bond easier on the 2.4Ghz.

on previous versions most of the time a 20Mhz channel was used and i needed to force 40Mhz for let's say a wifi camera

no it seems to bond channels faster(threshold to bond seems to be lower which is good in my case because i have no other signals around)

maybee the power settings without rebooting fix has something to do with this

good work

John

Is this a feature for the 68U or official f/w only?

f6EHGpv.png

I would love to see these stats on my ac66U also, but your f/w has always given me the best performance.

Will there be any problems flashing this from 3.0.0.4.378.3873 on my AC68U?

I flashed from 376.

I did a factory reset, flash, factory reset, manual setup.

The first flash appeared to fail, the progress bar finished and it returned to the homepage still showing the same version. So I flashed again and it worked.

I was very pleased to see that all my optware started right up with no intervention.

After running this for a few days, I can easily say that I wish I had done this sooner. The Wifi is rock solid and cuts through the whole house and garage with ease! Thank you, John!

Unfortunately for me the new firmware wouldn't allow my Kindle to access the network all the time
Managed to use the User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility Beta and it works like a charm..Thanks, John!

Last edited:
Thanks, got it all upgraded OK :)

Question.

Any idea as to why 'Regulation mode' defaults to '802.11d+h' on the 5GHz band, and the actual default setting of 'Off' will not stick after applying?

Anything to be concerned about?

Question.

Any idea as to why 'Regulation mode' defaults to '802.11d+h' on the 5GHz band, and the actual default setting of 'Off' will not stick after applying?

Just checked my N66U and its set to off it must be befault because i never touched it.

Question.

Working as designed.....if you have an 'EU' router, the code forces the 802.11d+h setting.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!