What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What is your internet connection speed? NAT Acceleration really only matters if you are above 200Mbps. Granted the N66 is underpowered these days but not sure NAT Acceleration is going to help that (I've run my N66U without NAT Acceleration on a 100Mbps fiber connection without issue).
My internet connection speed is 100 Mbps. The thing is i need this access to my server using public IP in rare cases like creating/updating security cert for example. Well, at least when I need to do such task next time I know how to get things working. I was just hoping there is some other way to fix that issue, like adding some rule into iptables or something, without need to disable acceleration...

My internet connection speed is 100 Mbps. The thing is i need this access to my server using public IP in rare cases like creating/updating security cert for example. Well, at least when I need to do such task next time I know how to get things working. I was just hoping there is some other way to fix that issue, like adding some rule into iptables or something, without need to disable acceleration...

Sorry, my point is N.A. is probably not of any benefit in your situation, so you're not actually missing any benefit. See this description of N.A.: https://routerguide.net/nat-acceleration-on-or-off/ - this may help better than I can describe.

I tried the 40EC build on my RT-N66U but OpenVPN is still broken. :(
Client OpenVPN connections to the router goes without problems, logs look fine as usual, but no traffic flow.

In Chrome I do see some cosmetic issues in the VPN section, I can live with that.
It looks fine in Firefox.

Hope OpenVPN gets fixed. :)

Attachments

• VPN Server.jpg
    VPN Server.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 497
  • VPN PPTP tab.jpg
    VPN PPTP tab.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 469
Hi,
Getting an older router for my brother. N66U, so no Merlin support.

I wonder if DoT is working fine as I had issues with it a month back without any fix. Since no new version from John, what would you suggest?

My iOS router app can't get it to work. Anyone with similar experience? It detects the router but when I put admin details, it just doesn't take login details. I tried wrong password and it shows user account details wrong but when tried with correct password it doesn't do anything.

My iOS router app can't get it to work. Anyone with similar experience? It detects the router but when I put admin details, it just doesn't take login details. I tried wrong password and it shows user account details wrong but when tried with correct password it doesn't do anything.
From Post #1
The fork does not include
  • Support for the ASUS router control app

Does this fork, have all features, that RMerlin's version 380.70 has?
Or does this one have less, as it's noted to be 374.43
My current second router, uses version 380.70, i think i tried this before, and it was missing something.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-380-legacy-asuswrt-merlin-380-70-is-now-available.45934/
well first off it lacks adaptive QoS not sure if 380.70 had it tho it lacks the APP support, also it lacks alot of builtin AI features.

note 380.70 might also lack some of these basics too. it has been along time since i used 380.70.

Such as?

I need the VPN to work, and the core working of AP view.
Anything else doesn't really matter to me, as i use my AC-88U, as main router.

The overall benefits of johns fork outweigh any difference between it and 380.70

Such as?

Anything else doesn't really matter to me, as i use my AC-88U, as main router.
i will put it this way. 380.70 has missed out on a lot of security patches that johnsfork has back ported into its setup. that is the most beneficial part of using johns fork, not to mention some of the user developed scripts in the forums are more likely to still support johns fork as it is more recently active.

The fork does not include
  • The new TrendMicro DPI engine functions for ARM routers
  • The enhancements to the networkmap for custom icons, client naming, etc.
  • Some of the enhanced gui formatting of later releases, for instance the new wireless log
  • Support for the ASUS router control app
  • Support for 5 VPN Clients as in Merlin (this fork supports 2 client instances). Note that the N16 does not support VPN Client/Server due to memory limitations.

this sums up the main differences.

The security features, would not really help much if it's a second router, that is ported through another.
So i think i will stay with the final version and not a downgraded one.
But thanks for summing up the features.

(The asus app is still supported in 380.70)

this sums up the main differences.

Such as?

I can confirm that VPN functions just fine on John's builds, and functions perfectly as an access point (I have a houseful of teenage guests using it at this very moment streaming who knows what).

New dev build by John.

374.43_40EDj9527 (02-Janary-2020) ARM SDK, MIPS,ARM KRACK
- CHANGED: updown: (backport) do not run openvpn-event if custom scripts are disabled
- CHANGED: rc: (backport) implement wan-event
- CHANGED: others: update stun servers used by getextip.sh
- CHANGED: curl: update to 7.67.0; fix build with CURL_DISABLE_DOH
- CHANGED: wsdd2: only retrieve missing parameters from smb.conf, in case one was already provided at runtime
- CHANGED: wsdd2: implement -N and -G parameters from upstream
- CHANGED: wsdd2: fix listening on dynamic interfaces
* CHANGED: shared: add 120sec timeout when running blocking scripts

I'm on an old version of this fork and want to upgrade to the latest one as well as switching from Rotuer-mode to AP-mode. The problem is, my webui broke for me somewhen in the last month (dunno why, I configured an ip filter and https for the webui and it worked well for month, I think my computer has the same IP that I configured, but it still doesn't give me the webui). SSH still works well.

I have a quite complex setup with my scriptings for several sepearate VLANs but in a single router setup. I want to change this so that in the future it is only an AP which tags the VLANs and send it via one cable to my new router. But I think I don't need help for the vlan setup.

So I have a few basic questions:
  • Whats the best way to reset the router without the webui and do I need to do anything else before uploading a new version of this fork (is it ok to upkload it via webui once it works again)?
  • Is it ok to use "AP mode" in merlin (espacially in this fork) or should I use router mode?
  • What is the difference bethween the "default build" and the "legacy only build"?
Sorry for maybe already answered questions, but 500 pages are a lot to read through and I wasn't able to find useful pages for my questions. :/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!