What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you using DNS Filter to set nameservers for the laptop or somehow bypassing using the router dnsmasq as your nameserver? I think somehow some joker registered router.asus.com through a DDNS provider, so if you are bypassing dnsmasq it's getting resolved upstream.

If you're not deliberately bypassing the router as nameserver, if you running native IPv6, V16E1 that I just released may fix it.

Otherwise setting a hosts entry is probably the easiest fix.

Thanks for the response John, as a matter of fact I am using parental controls (via the router) on this laptop to use opendns instead of the router default (google dns)..I suppose this satisfies the criteria you mentioned?

Just waiting a day or two to upgrade to v16. Please do confirm if my existing openVPN setup will continue working normally after the upgrade.

EDIT: Updated to 16e1, couldn't wait :p. Running very well. Thanks a lot John for your efforts!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the response John, as a matter of fact I am using parental controls (via the router) on this laptop to use opendns instead of the router default (google dns)..I suppose this satisfies the criteria you mentioned?
Yes, this definitely qualifies under my theory. I think you have the right fix with the hosts file entry. In fact, I think this may be the cause of some other problems which have been reported on later Merlin levels.
Just waiting a day or two to upgrade to v16. Please do confirm if my existing openVPN setup will continue working normally after the upgrade.

EDIT: Updated to 16e1, couldn't wait :p. Running very well. Thanks a lot John for your efforts!!
Glad to hear the update was no-drama :) That's the goal. But, since you met the previous criteria for the problem you were having, it won't help with that. But, you get a lot of good updates!

Glad to hear the update was no-drama :) That's the goal. But, since you met the previous criteria for the problem you were having, it won't help with that. But, you get a lot of good updates!

Yep I knew it wouldn't help, but I don't have any issues with that redirect page now...I just put in the router IP for the ntp servers on each of my systems and have forgotten about it. I even reached that page accessing router.asus.com from my mobile network...should've checked this before getting all worried about it..my puters never get infected :p.

This fork really is the solution to all my previous issues with the router and even windows at times! :)
Really appreciate the work you and rmerlin put into it.

One problem, I had enabled IPtraffic yesterday to get an idea of per device usage, I disabled it but now the hardware acceleration field on the tools page says "Disabled - incompatible with: <unknown>".

How do I fix this?

EDIT: Oh well a reboot fixes everything..

Last edited:
Hi John, I am having some issues with Merlin 380.57 on my AC56 that are difficult to pin down. I would like to try your fork. Is there anything I need to do to go from 380.57 to your fork? Thanks!

hi

Updated from v15 to v16E1, all good so far on n66u.

I reset this time as Ive not reset since v14.

Can anyone help me with changing the device names in the network device list, Ive forgot where I need to go to customise the names of devices?

Thanks very much for the great firmwares.

Hi john, I´ll give this firmware a shot as soon and I really hope you can implement DNSSEC and bandwith limiter, Im a heavy bandwith limiter user, I have 2 internet hogs in my house lol. :D

Hello,

like I'm the only one with a problem flashing the new 16th version.

When flashing from 15v5 to 16, the router does not place wireless network and continuously reboot.

In LAN make sense for a few seconds only and starts searching for a network again.

By WPS button did reset and router work with the factory settings .

After I put my saved setting, the router again stopped working.

Flash 15 version and paste the saved setting - everything works correctly.

I tried twice, without success.

AC68U router, attached are two hard drives to it, use Download Master and OpenVpn server.

Over the weekend, will try to manually adjust the settings.

Just to add that I use John’s fork from the first versions and never returned to the factory settings until now.

Regards

like I'm the only one with a problem flashing the new 16th version.

When flashing from 15v5 to 16, the router does not place wireless network and continuously reboot.

In LAN make sense for a few seconds only and starts searching for a network again.
Sorry you had a problem (I do all my development on a 68U/P, so that router is well tested).

The only thing I can possibly think of, is I closed a bunch of buffer overflow exposures and that may be causing a problem. Do you have really long client names? If so, try shortening them to 14 characters or less.

EDIT: Other possibility would be some interaction with DM (I don't use it)....You might try disabling it and see if things improve.

Last edited:
Respect for your hard work John.
I will try and write here.
Share issue, just to try to help with anything.
Greetings

Hi

Can anyone please tell me how I name my devices so I can recognise them in the devices network list on the asus homepage. I've done it before but can't remember where I did it?

@telUK On the fork.......two ways....

- Manually set an ip for those clients on the DHCP page
or
- Make a /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add file with entries like
dhcp-host=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff,your_new_name
where the first parameter is the MAC address of the client

On the fork.......two ways....

- Manually set an ip for those clients on the DHCP page
or
- Make a /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add file with entries like
dhcp-host=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff,your_new_name
where the first parameter is the MAC address of the client

I think i did it on the DHCP page, is that under LAN tab?

Anyway thanks for the fork, all great!!

This fork has sorted out the UPnP NAT issues I was having with Merlin 380.57 on my AC68U, but the 5 GHz signal is weaker, even though it's set to a higher transmit power than the 5 GHz is on my N66U running the same fork version.

This fork has sorted out the UPnP NAT issues I was having with Merlin 380.57 on my AC68U, but the 5 GHz signal is weaker, even though it's set to a higher transmit power than the 5 GHz is on my N66U running the same fork version.

Signal is not a good way to judge. Instead, run throughput tests. You can have lower signal strength but the reliability & bandwidth may have actually increased or be unchanged.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!