What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok sorry, to fast. :eek:

Code:
octopus@OCTOPUS:/tmp/home/root# /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event
+ /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event
+ basename /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event
+ logger -st (openvpn-event) 1037 Openvpn event '' () via args = []
(openvpn-event): 1037 Openvpn event '' () via args = []
+ scr_name=openvpn-event[1037]
+ vpn_name=
+ vpn_script_name=vpn-
+ nvram get vpn_script_state
+ vpn_script_state=vpn-
+ nvram set vpn_script_state=vpn-
+ [ vpn- = vpn- ]
+ echo VPN script vpn- already run
+ logger -t openvpn-event[1037]
+ exit 0

@octopus - Sorry about the $P1 error (@Martineau correctly provided the fix of changing it to $1) I pulled out some old code before posting that was there to handle the blank args before the vpnrouting.sh PARAM change).

I've now changed to the exact code with the $1 change and it works fine here....
Code:
Dec 19 08:45:15 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event (args: tun11 1500 1558 10.69.10.6 10.69.10.5)
Dec 19 08:45:15 vpnclient1-route-up: VPN BYPASS: created ipsets

Text isn't important, but the vpnclient1-route-up script name is gen'd correctly and being called (VPN BYPASS is another function I'm working on that I'm debugging with scripts called this way :))

You won't be able to use @Martineau 's method to test, because the $dev, etc parms are only present in the shell that is executed by the openvpn code.

You also didn't say how you created/edited your scripts. But first thing I'd try on the router is

dos2unix /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event

when strange things like this happen in script execution.

Ok sorry, to fast. :eek:

Code:
octopus@OCTOPUS:/tmp/home/root# /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event
+ /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event
+ logger -st (openvpn-event) 1037 Openvpn event '' () via args = []
(openvpn-event): 1037 Openvpn event '' () via args = []
+ scr_name=openvpn-event[1037]
+ vpn_name=
+ vpn_script_name=vpn-
+ nvram get vpn_script_state
+ vpn_script_state=vpn-
+ nvram set vpn_script_state=vpn-
+ [ vpn- = vpn- ]
+ echo VPN script vpn- already run
+ logger -t openvpn-event[1037]
+ exit 0

So without any args, variable 'vpn_name' is not set to a value, but if you issue

Code:
/jffs/scripts/openvpn-event   tun11

then the variable should be set to 'Client1' unless you are still using "$P1" or "$dev" as recommended.

Okay thanks to you both.
I'm trying to catch up with you I'm not a programmer.
No problem with some typo, that happening sometimes.
I want to use this to run script outside openvpn-event client/server. It's easier to test things then.
Create manually vpnclient1-rout-up in /scripts folder and use dos2unix on all script when strange things happening.
I'm unsure to get this working as you have @john9527 How do you test it's working?

Last edited:
Okey after some MORE testing i get this, when change to $dev
Code:
Dec 19 19:10:38 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event (args: tun11 1500 1561 10.129.xxx.xx )
Dec 19 19:10:38 (openvpn-event): 2730 Openvpn event 'route-up' (tun11) via 10.129.xxx.xx args = [tun11 1500 1561 10.129.xxx.xx ]
Dec 19 19:10:38 (vpnclient1-route-up): 2738 vpnclient1-rote-up is [[ executed ]]

Last edited:
Okey after some MORE testing i get this, when change to $dev
Code:
Dec 19 19:10:38 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event (args: tun11 1500 1561 10.129.xxx.xx )
Dec 19 19:10:38 (openvpn-event): 2730 Openvpn event 'route-up' (tun11) via 10.129.xxx.xx args = [tun11 1500 1561 10.129.xxx.xx ]
Dec 19 19:10:38 (vpnclient1-route-up): 2738 vpnclient1-rote-up is [[ executed ]]

Glad you (as a self-confessed non-programmer :p) persevered to get it working!

It does appear that for the openvpn-event script the bug still exists where you cannot always rely on the variables $1,$2,$3 etc. to be resolved individually, instead you have to use the OpenVPN environment variables such as $dev etc.

It does appear that for the openvpn-event script the bug still exists where you cannot always rely on the variables $1,$2,$3 etc. to be resolved individually, instead you have to use the OpenVPN environment variables such as $dev etc.
I've never had a problem.....where do you see it?

I've never had a problem.....where do you see it?

Various firmwares on all three of the router models I have used RT-N66U/AC-56U/AC-68U....can't recall if it was as a result of your mod to vpnrouting.sh whilst RMerlin was AWOL?

NOTE: I have only ever experienced this spurious issue for openvpn-event......I didn't investigate in detail as clearly the reliable solution is to always reference the OpenVPN environment variables - after all, that's why they are there right?

P.S. @octopus stated that he initially changed "$P1" to "$1" and your script still didn't work until he followed my suggestion to use "$dev".

Hi, with the beta I only get stats on downloads not uploads - see below:

qos.png

Do you really want your upload bandwidth capped at 800 Kb/s? With the rounding problem in the current beta it may take a little while for some data to show up with that setting.

EDIT: BTW...nice set of rules. Only suggestion I might have is to put the DNS rule at the top of the list (I know it's a pain to have to delete and re-add everything, it's on my to-do list :) ). If you are comfortable with the command line, you could edit nvram qos_rulelist to move it.

Last edited:
Ah OK. That's cool - if its because of a known issue, great, no rush. The upload bandwidth is right - we don't get much down under :(

Thanks. I'll try moving that line up.

Something weird happened... I upgraded my speeds to 20mbit up/down and now getting A ratings for bufferbloat instead of the usual F and continuous +8000ms-with Qos set to bandwidth limiter i.e. off.

The actual upload speed, though, is approx half on dslreports tests (speedtest shows full as per the norm).

Don't know whether it's a new bug on B4 though never noticed before, media server crashes when, after the library db is created, I switch to no on scan media on every boot option.

Don't know whether it's a new bug on B4 though never noticed before, media server crashes when, after the library db is created, I switch to no on scan media on every boot option.
Haven't touched anything there in ages. Thanks for the report, I'll take a look.

EDIT: @punchsuckr - Can't recreate any problem here. Is there anything in the .minidlna/minidlna.log file in your shared media directory?

Last edited:
Haven't touched anything there in ages. Thanks for the report, I'll take a look.

EDIT: @punchsuckr - Can't recreate any problem here. Is there anything in the .minidlna/minidlna.log file in your shared media directory?

It's a mess in there and I don't know the time it crashed; I'll recreate the db again, first clearing away the file, then post back.

Seems to have been a fluke or maybe the rebuild or cleaning the log file helped it some. It did happen twice though.

Is there anyway to check cpu usage for this? I tried 'top' command via putty but it is showing
CPU: 0.0% usr 0.0% sys 0.0% nic 100% idle 0.0% io 0.0% irq 0.0% sirq

Also, what is the normal temperature for 2.4 GHz - 5 GHz - CPU? I am getting 49C 54C 76C respectively. Is that safe in a long run?
Sorry if this has been asked before, I am new here.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!