What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is this what you're looking for:

/tmp/home/root# nvram get buildno

/tmp/home/root# nvram get extendno
41E5j9527

?

Yes thanks.

Skynet still doesn't work on the MIPs builds of Johns' Fork tho, amirite?

Correct, the kernel is too old unfortunately and doesn't support the required IPSet modules we use.

Is RT-AC68U rev B2 supported by this firmware?
see post #1. I realize it doesn't list your revision but I still think it works. Don't recall an exception with yours.

I've been running firmware 374.43_39E3j9527 on a Asus RT-AC66U and have been experiencing issues with the wan simply dying anywhere from 5-21 days.

I ssh directly into the router and try running pings/traceroutes to outside address without success. All outside connections are unreachable. The logs show no issues and the internet status is showing connected within the main page of the network map. I have no issues on the lan side of things when the wan side dies. A reboot of the router solves all issues.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated as I want to get this device stable.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated as I want to get this device stable.
When this happens again try pinging the cable modem's admin interface IP address and the gateway address for the router's WAN interface. Try logging into the cable modem and looking for errors in its log file.

When this happens again try pinging the cable modem's admin interface IP address and the gateway address for the router's WAN interface. Try logging into the cable modem and looking for errors in its log file.

I already have some monitoring scripts running for this. Modem admin page is reachable. Modem logs show no errors. Gateway is down as I can't reach outbound.

Thanks for the tips but this seems to be a specific problem in relation to firmware 374.43_39E3j9527. I may simply need to downgrade versions until I find one that is stable on my setup as I know previous revisions did not exhibit this behaviour.

I do not trust any non-official release that does not come from John. Until then, 39E3 it is for the time being.
This has been John's development repository, but to each his own.

John last seen May 17th. hmm. Anyone heard from him? I assume if this was his dev repository, there a reason he didn't move a build to stable...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!