What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I’ve been around here for a while and what I have noticed is that the endless, inane demands of entitled and/or clueless users has eventually driven most of the content creators away. I think everyone deals with the stress of support in their own way. Eric started putting his foot down about topics he will no longer address, etc. @thelonelycoder has encountered some tension in supporting diversion as of late for various reasons. All that’s really different here in fork land is that the first post isn’t updated and frankly my guess is that he likes not having to handle complaints about why the L builds are missing. And besides, he has no reason to be present here with you and @ColinTaylor providing excellent user support. If you could work on your project at your pace without having to engage in the nastier side of criticism, when is x getting fixed, etc., you would wouldn’t you?

I also dialed down my involvement in answering questions. Not out of frustration but lack of time and interest. I can understand Johns position. While we both like to tinker and improve our code, interaction with the members can be time consuming and of little benefit in the end. Just reading the posts and drawing the conclusions from them - like I do - is much simpler.

I also dialed down my involvement in answering questions. Not out of frustration but lack of time and interest. I can understand Johns position. While we both like to tinker and improve our code, interaction with the members can be time consuming and of little benefit in the end. Just reading the posts and drawing the conclusions from them - like I do - is much simpler.
I appreciate his/your work being made available to those of us who can't code and still use that gear. It's awesome, thanks!

Generally you go with the latest E build (41EA as of now). Very solid build.
The “dev drive” is now just the drive. Development builds are the D builds. The generally accepted as stable builds are the E builds. Reports seem to be that the recent dev build is ok, but for your purposes I would recommend the latest stable build, in this case 41EA.

Thanks a lot for the information guys, really helped me out!

I too tried the latest development build on an RT-AC56U used in Bridge mode at about 50'. Just works. :)

Interestingly, the connection rate went from around 430Mbps to over 800Mbps after the update though. Noticeably increased GUI responsiveness from v39Ex. No change in throughput noticed as the ISP is in the low to the terrible range (12Mbps down/1Mbps up). ;)

Anyone using RT-AC66R ? i did try diffrent builds but not getting good range , any suggestion for different firmware ?
Currently on -RT-AC66U_374.43_41E3j9527

My US RT-AC56u has been great on the fork f/w. Never seen that exact listed model before though.

Those RT-AC56U's were great little routers. Right now, most are running as Media Bridges for my customers. One hadn't rebooted (or lost power) to their router for almost a full year. Pretty impressive.

The latest development release on john9527's OneDrive folder works great with them, btw. :)

Those RT-AC56U's were great little routers. Right now, most are running as Media Bridges for my customers. One hadn't rebooted (or lost power) to their router for almost a full year. Pretty impressive.

The latest development release on john9527's OneDrive folder works great with them, btw. :)
Trying to find one I can get my hands on quick-ish - the eBay ones are live for almost a week still.

Don't suppose anyone has an old John fork supported router to sell?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!