What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi @john9527 and all! Is there any easy way to assign static IP addresses to all clients (I have about 50 of them)? For example, supplying a text file with all the MAC, desired IPs & names to a script that can be executed? Thanks!
There are many posts talking about this. You just need to save the NVRAM variable dhcp_staticlist

John wrote a script for it here: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/page-23#post-256470
and see here: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/page-23#post-256813

Update to the V20 release is out!

This update picks up some Merlin backports, including fixes for the 'Dirty Cow' linux exploit. Also some fixes/updates based on forum feedback (If your request isn't in this build and I haven't specifically responded, it means it's either a big change or I don't quite yet know the scope of the change and if I can support the request). As always, see the first post and Changelog for the complete list of changes.

LATEST RELEASE: Update-20E9
2-November-2016
Merlin fork 374.43_2-20E9j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1YdgUcP
============================

Update-20E9 Highlights
  • Merlin backports
    • Kernel patches for 'Dirty Cow' CVE-2016-5195
    • Add webui setting for the auth digest to OpenVPN client and server
    • Support SSL encryption in FTP - @YasharF - Sorry, this will be in the next release
  • Fork Updates/Fixes
    • Resize data windows for log status pages - @Gravityz
    • Stop upnp early when stopping wan interface (fixes long recovery when changing some options via the gui) - @punchsuckr
    • Limit dropped packets logging if DoS protection is set (fixes hang during port scans) - @punchsuckr
    • Use epoch time instead of new_format systime in WAN uptime calcs (prevents errors in WAN uptime in DST timezones) - @Chrysalis
    • Fix to allow correctly setting individual options for WAN and Ethernet in a dualwan environment - @Santiago C
    • Fix for USB3 port being incorrectly shutdown during a reboot (may prevent USB3 drive errors after reboot)
    • Improvements in IPv6 support for prefix lengths other than /64
    • Automatically set TZ environment variable in console shells

A reminder to users with MIPS routers to have a backup of /jffs. As the code grows, it increases the likelihood that jffs may need to be reformatted.

SHA256
Code:
a3ee0a29c631d76c6dc45348f5d16484e78328a88f655c893d786f03ee7211c7  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E9j9527.trx
c3b7ea36f6c20928d4f401901b755a482710bf7124b09e730cbb8028da3abd42  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E9j9527.trx
85984bdd9b1a7e2ae18a25f0b9d81ccf5d72e4e75d554a1ad32547bd9c389a80  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E9j9527.trx
2cb52c227094ca8f3f921cc146e8b6a545c2922222fc15f0c5f208c9e03d57d0  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E9j9527.trx
5564059967bb17143e6f92582eb9e8bacfd2157f6069bb2422de2ae2e87d3e0f  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E9j9527.trx

Last edited:
I have N66U and my 2.4Ghz is not stable since 18E or 19E .
It seems to be the problem is similar to what ls3c6 reported.
In my case 2.4Ghz wireless disconnects , I can see 2.4Gh in the list of networks , but can not connect to it until I reboot the router.
5Ghz works fine and router works good as switch ( wired connections) .
The problem is not related to specific OS or hardware since I see it on Windows 7& 8.1 , Android 4&5&6 , MacOs X .

I did not see any pattern of appearance of the problem , it seems to be random.
Occurs once every 2-7 days.
Not related to wireless settings ( channel , 20/40 , etc ) .

Last edited:
Update to the V20 release is out!

Just flashed my N66u, running fine now with the new version. I did not have to reformat my jffs partition though. (Had it backed up prior to updating anyways). Thanks John!

I have N66U and my 2.4Ghz is not stable since 18E or 19E .
It seems to be the problem is similar to what ls3c6 reported.
Can you provide the information John asked for in reply to ls3c6's post.
To double check on your router, please run the following command via telnet/ssh on both the firmware you believe is working and when you believe it's not. The results should be identical.
Code:
nvram show | sort | grep -E 'regulation_domain|country|regrev|reg_mode|ccode|dfs_enable'

Can you provide the information John asked for in reply to ls3c6's post.
I flashed 20E9 and waiting for the problem to appear .

20E9 output :

admin@RT-N66U:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | sort | grep -E 'regulation_domain|country|regrev|reg_mode|ccode|dfs_enable'
size: 53295 bytes (12241 left)
modem_country=
pci/1/1/ccode=US
pci/1/1/regrev=2
pci/2/1/ccode=Q2
pci/2/1/regrev=0
regulation_domain=US
regulation_domain_5G=Q2
wl0_country_code=US
wl0_country_rev=2
wl0_reg_mode=off
wl1_country_code=Q2
wl1_country_rev=0
wl1_reg_mode=off
wl_country_code=Q2
wl_country_rev=0
wl_reg_mode=off

My Router speed is still up and down. I need to cycle it a few times a week. I noticed my NVRAM usage is 64%. I am not using QOS. Is the only way to clear NVRAM a reset? What I mean is, I can't reset NVRAM without wiping the router?

My Router speed is still up and down. I need to cycle it a few times a week. I noticed my NVRAM usage is 64%. I am not using QOS. Is the only way to clear NVRAM a reset? What I mean is, I can't reset NVRAM without wiping the router?
No, "clearing NVRAM" and "wiping the router" are two different ways of describing the same thing.

If your NVRAM usage is 64% then that's not a problem.

I flashed 20E9 and waiting for the problem to appear .

20E9 output :
Those all look correct for a US router. And, there have been no changes to the router 2.4GHz radio drivers.

The only suggestion I have, is I see you have the 2.4GHz regulation mode set to 'off', which is the default after a factory reset. A lot of the client drivers don't seem to have gotten the message that 802.11d has been deprecated (or possible you are using some older drivers), and can behave badly with it disabled. Try setting the regulation mode to 802.11d.

How are you measuring 'speed'? A lot of things can affect 'speed'....
Speedtest servers aren't always consistent. Always check more than one server.
Although I usually recommend using your ISP nameservers, some ISP servers can be inconsistent.
Have you checked your modem logs for any errors?
Are you using Network Services Filter or Keyword filter, both of which will impact performance with a large lists of things to filter?
If you have USB drives attached, are they showing any errors which start a disk check?
Are you using the minidlna media server and regularly adding files? This can trigger a rescan of the media directories impacting performance. A bad media file can also causes problems.

Updated flawlessly as is the norm with this fork. WAN downtime problem resolved.

As a side note and don't know if it has been already suggested, @john9527 maybe you should consider changing the thread's title to something that does not take on the appearance of a recent occurrence (update...available), something that would be better suited to a long term release. :)

Last edited:
Updated my AC66U to version 20E9 from 20E3. Everything seems ok but I just noticed that my NVRM usage is at 76%. I'm only running transmission, SMB and FTP services with 3 people..I also have a couple of lines added to start and post mount scripts in JFFS. Is this percentage ok or will I start seeing some odd behaviour as a result? The last time I looked a few revisions back I remember it being at around 65%...anyway some insight or experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Updated my AC66U to version 20E9 from 20E3. Everything seems ok but I just noticed that my NVRM usage is at 76%. I'm only running transmission, SMB and FTP services with 3 people..I also have a couple of lines added to start and post mount scripts in JFFS. Is this percentage ok or will I start seeing some odd behaviour as a result? The last time I looked a few revisions back I remember it being at around 65%...anyway some insight or experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mine is also at 76 and has been this way for the better part of the year with no issues whatsoever. I have a ssl cert saved and openvpn server configured so not your configuration (and not your router model) but just wanted to share my experience with it.

76% is fine. Rule of thumb is to keep 5-6K of space available (or low 90's % utilization tops). I run with a lot of things enabled to try and detect any potential problems, and run consistently 87-89% utilization without problems.

I decided ti try this fork on my RT-ac66 I currently use Merlin 54_2 (Dont ask) any way I have a RT-ac66 (Media Bridged) to the AP RT-ac68

I updated the 66 this weekend and set it up as a media bridge to the 68 running 378.54_2. The 66 was showing a Yellow Exclamation ! warning that the 2.4 hrz wifi is not encrypted

My method of update was
Update to latest fork 20e9 > factory default 66
setup as media bridge
That simple.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!