What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 45EC High NVRAM Usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atkinsom

Hi,

I just did a factory reset yesterday on my router AC68U running John's latest fork and everything works well. However, I noticed that after doing a factory reset with the latest 45EC the NVRAM usage was already at 64% without anything having been configured. After doing a restore using the NVRAM utility on this site, the NVRAM usage shot up to 94% even after using the clean restore option on the utility. I guess my question is does the NVRAM usage at 64% right after a factory reset seem right? Before I did the factory reset and restore function my NVRAM usage was always around 87% so I find it kind of odd that it's shot up so high. Thanks for any insight.

Thanks John appreciate the info. Colin, prefix removed. Thanks

You can use some commands through ssh to offload certificates to jffs to lower nvram utilization. Look at the Fork options listed in the text file when you unzip the downloaded file...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!