What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds for DSL Router 386.1_2 released.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I checked the code and there is a routine which checks if you have a AX5400 or you are on TMobile
in that case it disable sshd_table.
NOTE: I guess you could alwo try to overwrite the isSupport JS function straight in your browser and that will enable (hopefully) all deactivated stuff.

BTW the simplest way to make ssh appear again, is...
1. open Advanced_System_Content.asp in chrome
2. open the chrome developer console (Press F12 > Console)
3. run the below command
document.getElementById("telnetd_sshd_table").style.display = "";
4. you will see the SSH option now.

Let me know if that works.

For reference the code which handles this is https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-m...c/router/www/Advanced_System_Content.asp#L368

Last edited:
@TrebleTA if you check one of the latest @eng1970 's screenshots you will see this
1635159384233.png

I checked the code and there is a routine which checks if you have a AX5400 or you are on TMobile
in that case it disable sshd_table.
NOTE: I guess you could alwo try to overwrite the isSupport JS function straight in your browser and that will enable (hopefully) all deactivated stuff.

BTW the simplest way to make ssh appear again, is...
1. open Advanced_System_Content.asp in chrome
2. open the chrome developer console (Press F12 > Console)
3. run the below command
document.getElementById("telnetd_sshd_table").style.display = "";
4. you will see the SSH option now.

Let me know if that works.

For reference the code which handles this is https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-m...c/router/www/Advanced_System_Content.asp#L368

Yeah you found it showed up

I was just checking It was the same model, I'm not using your version yet as I have problems with the offical, first bug I found was you could rename devices connected, like say TrebleTa's PC. The ' causes problems. Next I'm trying to get them make vpn better, yet not sure I'm getting far. As most vpns are ipv4 yet ipv6 is still leaking as you know.
Will check once I'm home, thanks

Right am home opened the page in google pressed f12 looked for the line you said but am new to this, How do i know if its returned 1 or 0
123.jpg

@TrebleTA what do you wanna check? if you have a AX5400 device?
just browse Advanced_System_Content.asp and check if yoh have SSH there. that would be enough.

@GNUton Picked up a RT-AX88U updated the code base from Asus "3.0.0.4.386.45898" & setup AiMesh with backhal mode and it worked sometimes not stable, even tried Asus "3.0.0.4.386.45660" back on the DSL.

So loaded asuswrt merlin RT-AX88U 386.3_2 and with DSL-AX82U 386.03_2-gnuton4 it running great, thanks for the hard work

Sto comprando il DSL-AC68U per sostituirlo al FritzBox 7590 in quanto mi da un po' di problemi di spanning tree...non so come mai ma l'uplink fa su e giù
--
I'm buying DSL-AC68U which replace the Fritzbox 7590 because spanning tree issue. I hope this hardware can solve my strange uplink port flapping

Nov 3 07:46:50:I:System: Interface ethernet 1/2/1, state up
Nov 3 07:45:13:I:System: Interface ethernet 1/2/1, state down
Nov 3 07:45:13:I:STP: VLAN 1 Port 1/2/1 STP State -> DISABLED (PortDown)
Nov 3 07:45:13:I:STP: VLAN 1 Port 1/2/1 STP State -> BLOCKING (DOT1wTransition)
Nov 3 07:45:13:I:STP: VLAN 1 Port 1/2/1 STP State -> FORWARDING (PortDown)

Crossing fingers !
Thanks

I received today the DSL-AC68U, put the new custom firmware 386.03_2-gnuton4 but if I do a speed test I can reach only 56/12 mbit. If I replace it with the Fritz!Box I hit 118/21 mbit. Why this HUGE difference (50%) ? Do I have to touch some parameters on the DSL config ? BTW I solved the Spanning Tree Blocking issue, but if I have this bad performance I have to return it and remain with the STP issue :(

thanks

I tried both (v17a and v35a) but nothing changed. I just discovered that in Italy we only support 35b so I have to push back the router :(

thanks anyway

Last edited:
Too weird 17a and 30a are not supported in Italy.
BTW If intersted in Merlin, you can opt for a DSL-AX82U which supports 35b and it has AX Wireless too along with
way better CPU (that runs cooler than DSL-AC68U).

17a works, 35b not
what I'm looking is a standard DSL router without wifi, a pure 200mbit DSL platform with dnsmasq and vpn...not too much :)
BTW I'm going to test another platform which seem similar to asus
thanks!

Be sure G.vector (G.993.5) is set to Enable. I got vdsl100 and i hit ~105-108Mb/s, haven't tried other modem than Asus.

Hi there,
Today I wanted to finally make available to a big audience the 386 builds for DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82U.
The build is based on tha latest stable upstream Merlin code.
As always I wanna thank a lot to the @RMerlin and a kudos also to all people who have contibuted to test the DSL-AC68U builds.

I hope to see the same enthusiams for the DSL-AX82U as soon as it gets on the shelves.

Instruction for flashing the firmware.
1. Download the latest image for your model from here. Please download the .trx for DSL-AC68U or the .w for DSL-AX82U.
2. Open http://router.asus.com/Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp in your browser and upload the image
3. Please reset to factory if you are upgrading from stock.

In case you want to revert back to stock firmware. Please download the .trx or .w image from the asus website/support page/your router
And repeat the points 2 and 3.

Enjoy!

PS:
To directly download that firmware for your model - chose from one of the following links ...
DSL-AC68U - https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-m...n1/DSL-AC68U_386.01_2-gnuton1_DSL_1.0.5.2.trx
DSL-AX82U - https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-m...1/DSL-AX82U_386.01_2-gnuton1_cferom_pureubi.w

Thanks for the good work .
I do not follow the technical aspects of this firmware , so please kindly advise the physical appearance differences on your router menu contents from the standard Asus firmware for RT-AX82U.
I have loaded your firmware but cannot seem them

Thanks

Tweakfiend

Thanks for the good work .
I do not follow the technical aspects of this firmware , so please kindly advise the physical appearance differences on your router menu contents from the standard Asus firmware for RT-AX82U.
I have loaded your firmware but cannot seem them

Thanks

Tweakfiend
Hey @Tweakfiend,
Once you have flashed the firmware you should see a wizard hat in the header of any page.
Merlin features are listed here https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/features
Enjoy
Antonio