What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds for DSL Router 386.1_2 released.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you are able to reproduce this again and get the logs from /tmp (from ssh) we could have a look at what can be wrong.

Switched stickies.

If you are able to reproduce this again and get the logs from /tmp (from ssh) we could have a look at what can be wrong.
I’d love to help, but by both attempts to set up AiMesh I lost access to all ways to connect to my router :-| So I had to factory reset it and all logs were lost. So sorry :-(

@GNUton - Just curious ... any chance you could update the code for "Repeater Mode" on the DSL-AC68U ?? - last modified by you two years ago. I'm sure many more folk will in time be able to migrate to Fibre and having a "Repeater Mode" enables easy continued use of these fine routers :D.

@GNUton - Just curious ... any chance you could update the code for "Repeater Mode" on the DSL-AC68U ?? - last modified by you two years ago. I'm sure many more folk will in time be able to migrate to Fibre and having a "Repeater Mode" enables easy continued use of these fine routers :D.
I had plan to revive that old branch, but somebody was faster than me and I got a PR about that.
So something is moving. I will update you on this topic soon.

I had plan to revive that old branch, but somebody was faster than me and I got a PR about that.
So something is moving. I will update you on this topic soon.
Hi I have just tagged a new experimental pre-release which enables repeater and other operational modes in the DSL-AC68U UI.
The new image will be available in about one our at this address https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/gnuton-snapshot-feature-repeater
standard RT-AC68U mode should be supported (I have not tested media) and DSL should work too (not tested although).
As for now, this feature will be in an experimental branch until it doesn't get more polished and tested.
Credits for this work goes to https://github.com/andreabellitto
Please note that a reset to factory is required to get it properly working.
Enjoy!

Hi I have just tagged a new experimental pre-release which enables repeater and other operational modes in the DSL-AC68U UI.
The new image will be available in about one our at this address https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/gnuton-snapshot-feature-repeater
standard RT-AC68U mode should be supported (I have not tested media) and DSL should work too (not tested although).
As for now, this feature will be in an experimental branch until it doesn't get more polished and tested.
Credits for this work goes to https://github.com/andreabellitto
Please note that a reset to factory is required to get it properly working.
Enjoy!

Great news and will give it a go over the weekend and report.
Your Change Log suggests that the Merlin base used by you for this repeater mode may be the current 386.2_b3 version based on Asus GPL 386_42095?
"Merge RT-AC68U binary blobs from 42095"

Merlin's 386.2 code is the best so far for stability - and will be a solid foundation as usual once release version is out.

Great news and will give it a go over the weekend and report.
Your Change Log suggests that the Merlin base used by you for this repeater mode may be the current 386.2_b3 version based on Asus GPL 386_42095?
"Merge RT-AC68U binary blobs from 42095"

Merlin's 386.2 code is the best so far for stability - and will be a solid foundation as usual once release version is out.
Yes the master and the repeater branch are based on one of the latest upstream snapshots.
BTW even if DSL-AC68U shares the same SDK with the RT I do not use any binary blob from that model but one (which was required for the repeater mode), because the RT and DSL binaries look the same but the MD5 never match, so i do prefer to use the original DSL binaries.
So what I wanna say is that "Merge RT-AC68U binary blobs from 42095" means nothing for DSL-AC68U since its prebuilds are in different dirs (and not symlinks).
DSL-AC68U prebuilds have been updated to 42095 too btw so all good.

As always - I am PROPERLY impressed with the work you do - Repeater Mode works flawlessly.

After flashing your firmware - DSL-AC68U__gnuton-snapshot-feature-repeater_DSL_1.0.5.3.trx - I did FULL factory reset and JFFS format ... ESSENTIAL ... then manually configured it in Repeater Mode. Have thrown everything I can think of at Repeater Mode - and everything works even better than I had expected. THANKS to you and to Andrea Bellitto {ThumbsUp} :D

Really chuffed to see that all available operating modes are available for selection ... [not seen before on a DSL-AC68U] ... :cool:

opmodes.JPG

I will play with the other modes when time permits.
I see Merlin has released version 386.2 [with no changes other than documents] today - so reckon you can rerun this compile with his latest and issue a release version too :D.

Hi is there any instructions on where to find the trx file to patch the firmware on dsl-ax82u? I cant seem to find it on github? I was hoping to use this for openVpn, also can anyone comfirm whatvthe OPENVPN speeds are for this Hub?

Does the merlin firmware also have option 61? As I have crappy nowbroadband, so have to go the long way around

I am looking to use the hub in full router mode

Last edited:
Hi, i just signed up to thank you for that work.
Only one thing that is not clear to me, i'd like to use my dsl-ac68u as bridge modem only, and have a rt-ax88u link by WAN to let him administrate everything. Is that possible with this build ?
Sry for my english, it s not my main language.
Stay safe

I notice that the development is continuous. As soon as possible I try it too, unfortunately now I can't because here there are too many ADSL problems in the area

Hello, I am looking for the DNS over TLS setting fields, but can't find them in the UI.
In the WAN section only IP is allowed, same in DHCP.

Last edited: