What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds for DSL Router 386.1_2 released.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DNS over TLS is not supported yet on DSL routers. so it may or not work. It runs and it's installed. I guess that beside running it you have to force all DNS requests to go through the tunnel.
I guess that's the "missing" part.. but it's pure guess, since I have not really checked it yet.

Hi, i saw that you add many operation mode for dsl, but is there a modem bridge modem only mode ?
Thanks

DNS over TLS is not supported yet on DSL routers. so it may or not work. It runs and it's installed. I guess that beside running it you have to force all DNS requests to go through the tunnel.
I guess that's the "missing" part.. but it's pure guess, since I have not really checked it yet.
do you mean that Merlin "dns filter" functionality relies on DOT?

Hi, i saw that you add many operation mode for dsl, but is there a modem bridge modem only mode ?
Thanks
Hi,
have you tested the AP mode in the experimental repeater build? I guess that is what your al looking for.. isn't it?

Hi GNUton,
Amazing work! I have a question about Adaptive QoS. Is there going to be a fq_codel option for it soon? I saw that the RT AC68U had one. The DSL appears to not have one?

Hi @blwidoww
fq_codel is already supported and used by the adaptive QoS under the hood by my DSL images.

Older Merlin firmware (384) used to have fq_codel settings in the web interface.
That UI feature is gone from all merlin supported models and not just from the DSL ones.
The feature will comeback if coming from upstream.

Last edited:
Just got DSL-AX82U with 386.02_4-gnuton1 and made some test with WIFI6 and Samsung S21 , for 5 GHz all good, but for 2,4 Ghz and WIFI6 enabled and WPA2, on different channels I got very low speeds (about 2-20 Mbps with 1m distance) and signal jumps from full to low in same room. While Wifi6 enabled checked with older n/ac device, full speed without any issue. After 802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode switched to disabled on 2,4 GHz back to full speed on S21.
Nothing unusual in logs. Any idea what could be causing this ?? anyone with same issue ?

Thanks

1st off thank you for working on third party router code with DSL support :):)

2nd the DSL-AX82U has it got ssh support? I don't see it under /Advanced_System_Content.asp

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 2.17.54 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 2.17.54 pm.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 168
Looks like the ISP that provided my router has gotten Asus to make a custom one for them. Missing the DSL settings tab as well.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.28.25 am.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.28.49 am.png