What's new

genailogs - let Googles AI Analyze your log file(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

See if the log file actually exists. I’m feeding both syslog.log and skynet.log and don’t get this error….
The log exists until I run the script. Whatever error deletes the log file. If I delete the syslog entry as follows, it completes successfully.
Code:
LOGFILES="/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log"

Last edited:
The log exists until I run the script. Whatever error deletes the log file. If I delete the syslog entry as follows, it com[letes successfully.
Code:
LOGFILES="/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log"
Reversing entries seems to work as well:
Code:
LOGFILES="/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log /jffs/syslog.log"

Reversing entries seems to work as well:
Code:
LOGFILES="/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log /jffs/syslog.log"
I will do some more testing. Thanks for all the debugging info!!!

I have uploaded a new version of genailogs. Additional error checking.
@visortgw - I can't seem to reproduce the issue with /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log.
My LOGILES line include /jffs/syslog and synet.log.
I enabled logging for dnsmasq and added /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log - operated on all 3 fine.
I also moved dnsmasq.log to the middle and first postions in the LOGFILES line - no issue.

If you still have the problem, I think we should enable tracing around the function. I can upload a debug version for you.

Now, a major new function - chat

If you invoke genailogs with the chat argument:

Code:
$ genailogs chat

An interactive chat session is started. The prompt is "chat> ". Enter a line with your question and genailogs will send it off GeminiAI.
Once the response from GeminiAI is received, it will be output in bold and then another prompt.

To exit chat mode, just enter "q" at the prompt:

Code:
chat> q

Some interesting responses to questions to say the least ;-)

Here is me asking what Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is. (I believe it has Merlins name wrong - @RMerlin you might want to mention this to Google :)

chat> What is AMTM in Asuswrt-Merlin firmware

**Advanced Mesh Traffic Management (AMTM)**

chat> What is Asuswrt-Merlin firmware

**Asuswrt-Merlin Firmware**

**Description:**

Asuswrt-Merlin is a custom firmware (modified software) for Asus routers. It is developed and maintained by a community of enthusiasts led by Merlin (Erich Schaefer).

**Features:**

Asuswrt-Merlin firmware offers a wide range of enhanced features and customization options over the stock Asus firmware, including:

* **Increased stability and performance:** Optimized drivers and networking code for improved reliability and speed.
* **Advanced traffic control:** Granular control over network traffic, including bandwidth allocation, traffic shaping, and prioritization.
* **Enhanced security features:** Additional layers of protection against malware, ransomware, and other threats.
* **Advanced wireless options:** Support for mesh Wi-Fi, advanced channel configuration, and MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) technology.
* **Enhanced monitoring and diagnostics:** Real-time monitoring tools, event logs, and other diagnostic utilities for troubleshooting and performance optimization.
* **Community support:** A dedicated forum and support community where users can ask questions, share knowledge, and get help from developers and other users.

**Benefits:**

Installing Asuswrt-Merlin firmware on your Asus router can provide several benefits:

* **Improved network performance:** Faster speeds, reduced latency, and more reliable connections.
* **Enhanced security:** Improved protection against online threats and vulnerabilities.
* **Increased customization:** Extensive options for tailoring the router's settings to suit specific needs.
* **Community support:** Access to a knowledgeable community for troubleshooting and advice.

**Compatibility:**

Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is compatible with a wide range of Asus routers. However, it is important to check the specific model of your router and ensure that it is supported before installing the firmware.

chat>

Have fun!

PS: I'm thinking of forking this chat function to it's own Addon (i.e. chatAImerlin). Much less overhead and will be much smaller than genailogs.

Last edited:
I have uploaded a new version of genailogs. Additional error checking.
@visortgw - I can't seem to reproduce the issue with /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log.
My LOGILES line include /jffs/syslog and synet.log.
I enabled logging for dnsmasq and added /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log - operated on all 3 fine.
I also moved dnsmasq.log to the middle and first postions in the LOGFILES line - no issue.

If you still have the problem, I think we should enable tracing around the function. I can upload a debug version for you.

Now, a major new function - chat

If you invoke genailogs with the chat argument:

Code:
$ genailogs chat

An interactive chat session is started. The prompt is "chat> ". Enter a line with your question and genailogs will send it off GeminiAI.
Once the response from GeminiAI is received, it will be output in bold and then another prompt.

To exit chat mode, just enter "q" at the prompt:

Code:
chat> q

Some interesting responses to questions to say the least ;-)

Here is me asking what Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is. (I believe it has Merlins name wrong - @RMerlin you might want to mention this to Google :)

Have fun!

PS: I'm thinking of forking this chat function to it's own Addon (i.e. chatAImerlin). Much less overhead and will be much smaller than genailogs.
I am away from home for NCAA Women's Basketball Championship and solar eclipse. I'll check when I return home on Tuesday or Wednesday...